"Great tourist attraction." Curtea de Arges by Inimbrium
Curtea de Arges Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 109 photos
Whats this is all about.
This is a tourist trip that, hopefully, you can still book at the Romanian Travel agests that are found throughout Bucharest.
It consists of going to three distinct places. The monestary, the salt mine and the dam.
1. It's an Orthoxod Church (main religion in Eastern Europe) Monestary at the foothills of the carpathian montuains.
You get to see the residents do their thing. It's very nice and open to the public.
2. The touristified salt mine with sculptures on the salt rock walls, and definitely a unique experience.
The mine has been around ever since roman times, and nowadays is one of the largest salt mines in Europe. You can also go there for respiratory therapy if you want, for 16 days.
It's got all sorts of stuff down there, a playground and even a church!
The ceiling of the mine is 20 meters high, to give you a sense of scale in that photo.
That area in the mine is the tourist level (level 50), and it's 120 meters (360 feet) underground.
Worth the visit, and definitely a must see, believe me.
3. The Vidraru Dam is an Arch damn, 166 meters (500 feet) tall and 305 meters (almost 1000 feet) wide, also one of the largest in Europe, and is an absolutely awesome sight. It's very much like the Hoover Damn, but a bit smaller.
The coach journey takes about 2 hrs there and 2 hrs back, leaving from Bucharest in the morning.
- Pros:Amazing. Vide variety of things to see.
- Cons:2 hour journey there, and 2 hours back. Unknown if you get a guide.
- In a nutshell:I'm doing it again this summer, this time with my English mates. :-)
Inimbrium's Related Pages
Curtea de Arges Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Curtea de Arges and its legend"
- "CURTEA DE ARGES"
- "At the Base of Fagarasi Highway"
- "Great tourist attraction."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Curtea de Arges
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Curtea de Arges?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curtea de Arges
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.