"My Time In Veszprem" Veszprem by Mitre
Veszprem Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 241 photos
This was my base and the place I called home for the time I spent in the region. From here I commuted to Varpalota (15km up Route 8) and to Dunaujvaros some 70km away.
During my time in Veszprem I stayed in a Panzio at the Hotel Bettekints. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. It was a nice 20 minute walk from the Hotel into the town centre, following the stream to the base of Castle Hill then the long slog up the side of it.
Veszprem is a town of around 60000 people. The Castle Hill district is very nice for a stroll up to on a nice day with many fine buildings and churches. Once you reach the summit you get an excellent view of the town and surrounding countryside. At the bottom of the hill there is a nice little market square where there are a couple of cafes. There is also a pedestrianised shopping area which is a bit 'bleak 60s.' There are some good bars and a couple of clubs in Veszprem but it still manages to feel like a market town.
Veszprem is a university town which seems to give the town a youthful population. Added to this there are a few decent bars and cafes which they seem to frequent.
The location of the town is also very handy for a short trip to the North shore of Lake Balaton. Balatonfured and Tihany (especially) are well worth a visit.
- Pros:Castle Hill district and its lovely buildings. Close proximity to Lake Balaton.
- Cons:The traffic & pollution on the town's main road.
- In a nutshell:Nice town but not exactly a tourist mecca
Well run hotel and panzio in Veszprem. Its set in a valley next to the Sed Stream which snakes its way through the town.... more travel advice
Run of the mill Italian Restaurant serving average fare of the usual Pizzas & Pastas etc. Staff tended to be rather... more travel advice
Mitre's Related Pages
Veszprem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Veszprém-Simply amazing!"
- "Veszprém, called City of Queens."
- "Veszprem - An appealing Hungarian town"
- "My Time In Veszprem"
- "Veszprem (?? km from Balaton lake)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Veszprem
- Hotels in Veszprem
- Transportation in Veszprem
- Nightlife in Veszprem
- Restaurants in Veszprem
- Warnings and Dangers in Veszprem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Veszprem
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Veszprem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Veszprem
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Veszprem Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Hungary Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Brussels 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szekesfehervar Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Milan Intro, 3 photos
- Bologna Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Istanbul 2 reviews
- Florence Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.