Seattle Off The Beaten Path Tips by Summer33 Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Off The Beaten Path: 294 reviews and 617 photos
the big picture theatre
The Big Picture is jsut about the only movie theatre I know of in Seattle that serves you drinks while you watch your movie. With huge comfortable seats this is no ordinary theatre. give it a try if you happen to be in seattle and the weather is..well...usual.
Paul Allen donated his money to rebuild and renew this amazing theatre that was on it's way to closing down for good, it's by far the best place to see a movie in Seattle. With huge plush seats and a 90 ft long and 30 ft high screen thats nothing short of fabulous!
Don't miss out!
I've never been to Snoqualmie falls before in all my 21 years of living in Seattle but my boyfriend and I made a trip to the falls and the brewery and had a great time. There were a little to many visitors at the falls for our liking but it was a great day trip! There was about a 1 mile round trip hike that was packed and many weren't usual hikers (just our observation).
A small little brewery that I was suprised we even found but the woman who worked there had a great knowledge of the beers and we tasted all the beers (in order) before we decided on the belgium beer that had this amazing taste, I was going to settle on the light ale beer too.
This is my favorite weekend pass time. Giggles always has such a great line up, we've seen tons of comedians there and although some are better then others never have we had a bad time. It's usually around $15 to get in plus you get a free ticket to one of the next three or four shows so it's a good deal.
Busy Saturday at golden gardens
At the edge of Seattle you can visit this amazing beach on the ocean which hosts the most amazing sunsets possible. Bring some wood and have a fire while your at it, there are tons of firepits and bbq pits for you and friends. You will be missing out if you don't pay a visit to this park. And for the dog owners there is a huge off leash area for dogs.
Resting for lunch after almost two hours of riding
Ok this is one of the best known secrets in Seattle, in my opinion anyways. Lincoln Park is located in West Seattle on the sound. It's a large park full of trails, beaches, softball/baseball fields, picnic areas and the Vashon ferry is it's neighbor. The park is almost always quiet during the year except I've seen it quite busy in the summer due to the Saltwater pool located right on the water. this draws crowds in the summer and is actually pretty cool because on top of being a saltwater pool you can sit in the pool and look out at the ocean which is literally just a few yards away. the views are amazing and its one of my favorite places to run with all the trails that go through the park and the wonderful trail that goes along the ocean where you can get that cool breeze on a hot day. I also suggest parking at the Lincoln Park parking lot and riding your bike just a minute away to the Vashon ferry. Here you can take your bike across the ferry to Vashon island and ride around this beautiful island all day. My husband and I did this and had such a great time. Once you get past that first steep off the ferry (we never thought about it but every road to a ferry has the decline/incline you must get past) it's about 10 minutes up the steep road and then your on a two lane highway but keep in mind your on an island and there really isn't that much traffic. It took us about an hour on mountain bikes (were slow) to get to downtown and from there you can keep riding south on the island where we wanted to get to this bay that has a great swimming area, sorry I'm being so vague, I'm sure you can find better information if you google vashon island. We wanted to play frisbee golf and found a camp that had a coarse, but it wasn't quite what we expected. We ended up just eating lunch on a dock as we looked out at the ocean and then riding back up the highway to downtown Vashon and grabbing a drink at one of the local restaurants and then back to the ferry. Such a wonderful way to spend a weekend day!
Ballard has an amazing farmers market every Sunday with great produce, flowers, bread, cheese, etc. Drop on in and check it out if you are in Seattle between May and October.
Other Contact: Ballard Avenue Northwest and 22n
More Reviews (53)
- See All Its all about Happy Hour!
- See All Mt Rainier has a lot to offer!
- See All Absolutely by far the best Thai food in...
- See All Check out Seattle's version of...
- See All THE SUPERSONICS!!!!
Summer33's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 61 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 90 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oahu Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Munich Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siena Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Vernazza Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Space Needle- 91 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 62 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 46 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 46 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Tulip Fields- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Fremont District- 14 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 26 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Whale Watching- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do