"Black Butte Ranch" Black Butte Ranch by Summer33

Black Butte Ranch Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 7 photos

My first time to Black Butte Ranch this year, we visited there August '04 and I had the most wonderful time. It's everything you could ever imagine. My boyfriends family has been renting cabins there every summer for years upon years and I'm so thankful we finally had a time to get down there. In this picture you can see Black Butte ranch from the top of black butte which is a beautiful hike that is a must do if you visit this amazing place in central Oregon. Although we did see some small cars up there I recommend bringing a good SUV because the drive up is rough, about 25 min of gravel road, thats rough from water washing grooves into the road. The top is about 6400 ft up and the air is definetly thin but there is nothing like the view at the top.

You need a good week to take advantage of all this ranch has to offer, with millions of bikes paths covering the entire ranch you can easily ride for hours, also 4 swimming pools, too many tennis courts to count, 2 golf courses, volley ball, horse back riding, frisbee golf, and the list goes on. Here is a picture of aspen lake which is along the bike path in the ranch, check out every single duck in this lake heading towards us for food.

Local wildlife

here is on of a family of 5 deers just browsing for food right off the bike paths.

• Last visit to Black Butte Ranch: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 29, 2004

Summer33

“Anywhere and everywhere I will go.”

Badges & Stats in Black Butte Ranch

Have you been to Black Butte Ranch?

Latest Activity in Black Butte Ranch