"Wengen, Switzerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen by Summer33

Wengen Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 173 photos

I've been dreaming all of my life of visiting Switzerland, I remember writing papers in Middle School on this amazing country and last year I finally made it there! It was a much to short trip, but aren't all vacations?! We stayed in Wengen and hiked a bit around the surrounding mountains and that was that. We took the the cable car from Wengen up to Jungfrau and hiked down (talk about sore calfs, it's harder then you think to hike downhill for so long). I would have loved to been able to really challenge myself and hike up but my fellow travelers weren't up for it. I love this picture, it's one I took of the mountain side of Jungfrau.

I just had to include this, at the time I'd never seen a life size game of chess before, I didn't get a chance to play but I thought it was so great and B & W film was just the thing to capture it.

After getting off the cable car this is the view to the right at the top of mannlichen (thanks sandysmith). The lodge is to the left of this picture where you'll most likely find some sort of activity going on. Nothing can distract you from the breath taking views that surround you though.
Pictures of some traditional dances are in my travelouges here.

• Last visit to Wengen: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2004

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Hi i took my Mum to Europe for our first time in 1999 and had only 4 days on the continent - and one of them was so wonderful at Lauterbrunnen and up Schilthorn and the night at Wengen!!Stunning area and views for sure!

• Veghel's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 1:31 AM

Hi 'Summer33', as an addicted skier I had to leave you a message after reading you ´ski site´! My own page may be interesting if you want to go skiing in Lebanon, Spain and other odd places! Bye from The Netherlands

• Sep 16, 2004 at 11:40 PM

Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great future travels. Greetings from India. Nice pictures.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2004 at 9:06 PM

Beautiful pictures... i would love to see more!

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 1:35 PM

Nice page love the picture..Still want to visit Europe someday..Happy travels-))

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2004 at 5:54 PM

So, you'll be skiing next time. Now I'm really envious. I'd love to ski in Switzerland. Where do you ski from Seattle? We've skiied Alpental Summit (from Salish Lodge) & also Crystal Mtn on the way south to Portland.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2004 at 9:04 AM

Without question Switzerland is the most beautiful country I have ever visited. Great photos.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 1:38 AM

Wengen is wonderful summer or winter. The mountain is Maennlichen - Jungfrau is much highe up - via the train in the Eiger! Hope to see more here

Summer33

“Anywhere and everywhere I will go.”

Badges & Stats in Wengen