"Montana" Montana by Summer33

Montana Travel Guide: 1,467 reviews and 3,328 photos

Blacktail Mountain

Blacktail is about 20-30 minutes away from Big Fork and about 30 minutes from Kalispell, it's a great little mountain that we've come to appreciate more and more every year. Our cabin is only 25 minutes from Blacktail and after a couple low snow, cloudy and cold Christmas's at Big Mountain we had a wonderful Christmas at Blacktail this year. Although much much smaller then Big Mountain, the terrain is suprisingly good as long as they have a good amount of snow cover, the tickets are incredibly cheaper and the morning cloud that usually hangs over Big Mountain steers clear of Blacktail causing amazing beautiful sunny days of skiing which are undetected until you've driven completely to the top of the mountain.

We own a cabin in Montana about an hour away from Whitefish. It's hard to describe Montana, it's simplicity is remarkable and something that I envy about the locals yet I think it would drive me mad in the end.

The lake in front of our cabin that freezes over in the winter time. On the lake are some of the local ice fishers and their pet duck....dont ask!

• Intro Updated May 23, 2004

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2004 at 6:02 PM

ohhhh montana almost girl. nice to meet you, heading up glacier way in 2 weeks for a wedding, over to bozeman this week my son is in college there.

Summer33

“Anywhere and everywhere I will go.”

Badges & Stats in Montana

Have you been to Montana?

Latest Activity in Montana