"Greetings from Poland" KamaO's Profile

A mysterious country in the middle-east Europe

Welcome in this amazing land, which is unfortunately badly known in the world. There is everything that a traveller might need: beautiful mountains, charming seaside and great lakes with a wide range of fishes. Besides there are also green forests, hospitable people, beautiful landscapes, amazing places, valuable monuments and many other atractions!!!

The Mazury Region

One goes there to calm down and relax in the surroudings of the great lakes... You have the chance to be as close with the nature, as possible. On the other hand there is also a lot to do for people who love having fun! Finally, real monuments' lovers won't be dissapointed as well, because this region has a great history and as a proof there are really old sites.

The Polish Mountains

Poland not only offers the beautiful lakes, but also great mountains like Sudety, Tatry, Bieszczady. There are many tourist paths. Places worth seeing in the Tatra Mountains are: Morskie Oko (a lake), Chocholowska Valley, Giewont Mountain and Zakopane of course!!! Sudety are famous for its thermal springs, incredible huge stones and the cities: Jelenia Góra, Karpacz - with the scandinavian wooden temple, Cieplice Spa and amazing landscapes. Bieszczady Mountains are perhaps the wildest area in Polish mountains, as it is the only place in Poland, where the wolves live. One will be impressed with the wild nature, however it is also one the poorest areas of Poland. It is impossible not to love this region, because it gives people unforgetable memories!!!

Polish seaside

It is one of the most beautiful sites in Poland and one of the most popular. There are long miles of sandy beaches, monumental cliffs, fresh air, green forests, but also discos, pubs, restaurants, shops, hotels and many, many other atractions. Althuogh the water is not as warm as in the Mediterranean Sea, I invite you all to visit this region. It has a great history and I am sure nobody would regret his stay there...

Silesia!!!

This is my home. It is perhaps not the most pretty part of Poland, but is has a great chance to change into it. Nowadays it's polluted by the heavy industry, however most of the coal-mines, foundries and industrial plants are being closed and the situation is getting better and better. Many of the mines are opened for the tourists - in my opinion it's a great idea to promote such a interesting place as the Silesia is!!!

Interesting, but less known...

1. Wegorzewo - In the north-east of Poland - worth visiting: underground fortifications used by Hitler while The Second Great War
2. Zabie Doly and Segiet - in Silesia - this in an example of environmental protection and transformation of a destroyed area into a great green park
3. Zegiestow - one of Polish health-resorts in the south of Poland - a place for people who need to relax in the surroundins of the mountains, green forests and the Poprad river

Now a few words about myself!!!

I am 24 years old. I have finished my studies (Tourism and Recreation) in Katowice in July 2005. I don't work at the travel agency anymore, but I still I love travelling, listening to the music, reading books, playing tennis, sightseeing, surfing in internet and eating (however I am not fat!!!). I love animals - I have a cat - Fiona - I will submit her photos soon. I also have a great passion: architecture of Catalonian modernism, especially Antonio Gaudi and his masterpiece. I have written my graduate work about him and his buildings in Barcelona. In September 2004 I got married to my boyfriend - Micha³, and we live together in our flat in Tarnowskie Góry.

Finally: where is Poland???

This is a chapter for those who don't know where does the Poland exist. There is a map on the left: Poland is a country in Europe, between the Baltic Sea and Tatra Mountains. we are a part of European Union since 2004. I hope you all are eager to visit my country after this recomendation. Have fun!!!

• Intro Updated Sep 9, 2005

Personal Pages (1)

• ghibli88's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 6:51 AM

A warm Happy super birthday to you Kamila,best wishes from hot and sunny Italy.

• vpeter's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Hi Kamila, it's partytime!!! Happy birthday and have a nice party. Greetings from the Netherlands.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 3:47 PM

Czesc Kamila!!! Masz piekna stronke!! When do your Polish travel pages come?:) Greetingz from Estonia:)

• Rubik's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 1:58 AM

Lovely sceneries of Poland!

• JustaDreamin's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 2:36 PM

Kamila, birthday wishes to you from sunny So. California!!

• Il_lupo's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 6:12 AM

Happy Birthday from the Costa Brava (Spain)

• SpagBoll's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 1:09 AM

Hi Kamila. Nice pages. I especially enjoyed your pages on Budapest. Very informative. Have a great Birthday today.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 7:30 PM

Hello! Thank you very much for the good information about your country. From Azores Islands. António Vieira

• kenadams's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 1:41 PM

Great pics (Tatra's fridge is very nice). It's true: too many people don't know about Poland and it's great history of religious tolerance and electoral monarchy. Great country. Happy travels, Daniel

• Aug 19, 2004 at 3:35 AM

Great page here!! Poland has so much to offer!!thankx for sharing!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!