"Greetings from Poland" KamaO's Profile
Welcome in this amazing land, which is unfortunately badly known in the world. There is everything that a traveller might need: beautiful mountains, charming seaside and great lakes with a wide range of fishes. Besides there are also green forests, hospitable people, beautiful landscapes, amazing places, valuable monuments and many other atractions!!!
One goes there to calm down and relax in the surroudings of the great lakes... You have the chance to be as close with the nature, as possible. On the other hand there is also a lot to do for people who love having fun! Finally, real monuments' lovers won't be dissapointed as well, because this region has a great history and as a proof there are really old sites.
Poland not only offers the beautiful lakes, but also great mountains like Sudety, Tatry, Bieszczady. There are many tourist paths. Places worth seeing in the Tatra Mountains are: Morskie Oko (a lake), Chocholowska Valley, Giewont Mountain and Zakopane of course!!! Sudety are famous for its thermal springs, incredible huge stones and the cities: Jelenia Góra, Karpacz - with the scandinavian wooden temple, Cieplice Spa and amazing landscapes. Bieszczady Mountains are perhaps the wildest area in Polish mountains, as it is the only place in Poland, where the wolves live. One will be impressed with the wild nature, however it is also one the poorest areas of Poland. It is impossible not to love this region, because it gives people unforgetable memories!!!
It is one of the most beautiful sites in Poland and one of the most popular. There are long miles of sandy beaches, monumental cliffs, fresh air, green forests, but also discos, pubs, restaurants, shops, hotels and many, many other atractions. Althuogh the water is not as warm as in the Mediterranean Sea, I invite you all to visit this region. It has a great history and I am sure nobody would regret his stay there...
This is my home. It is perhaps not the most pretty part of Poland, but is has a great chance to change into it. Nowadays it's polluted by the heavy industry, however most of the coal-mines, foundries and industrial plants are being closed and the situation is getting better and better. Many of the mines are opened for the tourists - in my opinion it's a great idea to promote such a interesting place as the Silesia is!!!
1. Wegorzewo - In the north-east of Poland - worth visiting: underground fortifications used by Hitler while The Second Great War
2. Zabie Doly and Segiet - in Silesia - this in an example of environmental protection and transformation of a destroyed area into a great green park
3. Zegiestow - one of Polish health-resorts in the south of Poland - a place for people who need to relax in the surroundins of the mountains, green forests and the Poprad river
I am 24 years old. I have finished my studies (Tourism and Recreation) in Katowice in July 2005. I don't work at the travel agency anymore, but I still I love travelling, listening to the music, reading books, playing tennis, sightseeing, surfing in internet and eating (however I am not fat!!!). I love animals - I have a cat - Fiona - I will submit her photos soon. I also have a great passion: architecture of Catalonian modernism, especially Antonio Gaudi and his masterpiece. I have written my graduate work about him and his buildings in Barcelona. In September 2004 I got married to my boyfriend - Micha³, and we live together in our flat in Tarnowskie Góry.
This is a chapter for those who don't know where does the Poland exist. There is a map on the left: Poland is a country in Europe, between the Baltic Sea and Tatra Mountains. we are a part of European Union since 2004. I hope you all are eager to visit my country after this recomendation. Have fun!!!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 24 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- KamaO and cjg1 are now friends.
- updated a Stuttgart Travelogue "A history of great love..."
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fiona"
created their Personal Page "Fiona"
- Commented on Anjulis's profile page
- Wrote a Review Casa Batllo about Casa Batlló in Barcelona Things to Do
Top 5 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Hlavni Mesto Praha 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stuttgart Intro, 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos