"Last bastion of communism" Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang by rsudic
P'yongyang Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 607 photos
There aren't many ways to enter the country. Flight from Beijing is one option and making this photo is only time in North Korea that you'll make photo without control.
Great Leader welcomes you (and follows too) all the way. After a few days, you'll get used to that.
I've read so much before this trip and at the end I must say, it's not that bad. Most of the stories are true, but be aware that people use to exaggerate a lot when it comes to North Korea.
One of the trip's highlights is visiting the biggest stadium in the world with breathtaking performance of "Arirang" Mass games with more then 100.000 performers in the field and stands.
When you approaching to stadium you can feel something exciting in the air (which is so not North Korean feeling), first sight to arena is marvelous (this photo), and later on...hm...even though this is massive propaganda for North Koreans still...it's something you'll remember for whole life.
More photos from Arirang after introduction.
They are like you and me, beautiful and unique creation of God (if you believe in One).
The thing is: you are not allowed to approach them, but probably they couldn't speak with you even if they wanted...very few people speak languages (except your guides...it seems they speak all the languages).
Also, foreigners are not common sight here, so you are "strange" to them.
In capital city, people don't care and pass next to you without interest, but in the country you can expect more attention from locals.
The only N.Koreans you can speak with are: guides, hotel staff, museum's staff, restaurant staff....
- Pros:unique, impressive, separate, breathtaking
- Cons:unique, impressive, separate, breathtaking
Korean War Museum where you can hear and watch the North Korean version of this bloody war 1950-1953. On the museum’s... more travel advice
You just feel tricked. They take you to see ladies making Korean ceramics, embroideries, paintings but it's so fake in... more travel advice
rsudic's Related Pages
P'yongyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pyongyang - Kim Il Sung's blank canvas"
- "The capital of North Korea"
- "Last bastion of communism"
- "Capital of the Forbidden Land"
- "The Eternal President"
- "Capital of the Hermit Kingdom"
- "Kim Il-Sung's Artwork: P'yongyang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in P'yongyang
- Hotels in P'yongyang
- Transportation in P'yongyang
- Nightlife in P'yongyang
- Restaurants in P'yongyang
- Shopping in P'yongyang
- Warnings and Dangers in P'yongyang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in P'yongyang
- 18 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to P'yongyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in P'yongyang
Top 10 Pages
- Rijeka Intro, 51 reviews, 48 photos
- Cuba Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Iran Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Ulaanbaatar Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Santiago de Cuba Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Irkutsk 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Rijeka 12 photos
No friends yet.
Latest P'yongyang hotel reviews
- Yanggakdo Hotel
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013