Singapore Nightlife Tips by Carino
Singapore Nightlife: 199 reviews and 284 photos
What a great location! New Asia Bar offers simply the best view in Singapore. Happy Hour gets you a Jug of Tiger at just SGD 21! After Happy Hour prices go up to SGD 35. Check includes 10% Service Charge.
Dress Code: Dress properly. If you go early you will get in in Slippers and Shorts as well. But when it gets dark in Singapore, you need a nice appearance to get in.
Address: 2 Stamford Road, Singapore 178882
Directions: At the top of Swissôtel The Stamford
Very nice bar right at Clarke Quay. The evening we went it was not very packed and as in every club, it was very cold inside. Be sure to bring a sweater, if you are feeling cold easyly.
Or as realdestinations.com puts it: "Downstairs, you’ll find Bar Cocoon – a venue for lounging, socializing and clubbing with massive opium beds enveloped by silk lanterns and drapery providing a sensuous charm to its relaxing ambience."
Dress Code: By the time we entered, there was noone checking about our clothes. But if you want to get in touch with some lovely girls you have to dress to impress.
Address: 3A Merchant’s Court, River Valley Road, #01-02
Directions: Clarke Quay
Phone: 6557 6272
Loof is one of the coolest placest in Singapore to hang out. Located on 3rd floor of Odeon Tower it is embedded in the skyline of Singapura. Great view, nice layout and conveniently located.
Dress Code: It is open air and therefore not as cold as the other nightspots. But don't forget that it is a popular spot. Dressing up is not needed but leave your bermudas and flip flops at home.
Address: 331 North Bridge Road, #03-07 Odeon Towers
Directions: In walking distance from Chijmes
Other Contact: http://www.loof.com.sg
Phone: +65 6338 8035
A group of friends opened that Wine Bar to have a place to enjoy a decent glass of red wine. You still feel the personal touch inside Wine Arcade. The have a nice selection of red wines for average prices. The only bothering thing is the crappy band they have.
Dress Code: The crowd is between 30 and 50 years old. But there is no dress code applied.
Address: 116 Mackenzie Road, Singapore 228710
Directions: Take MRT (NE Line) to Little India, take Exit A, and walk to Mackenzie Road. Turn to the right and you are almost there.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +65 6336 2881
Theme: Eating and Drinking
We just had a drink at this Bar/Club called Clinic. Prices are o.k. for the location (Carsberg SGD 13, Gin Tonic SGD 12) but the whole theme (guess which one....) seems a bit odd to me. I didn't quite like it.
Dress Code: If you want to go in, dress nicely. If you want to have a drink outside, I think they don't mind shorts and things like that.
Address: 3C River Valley Road, #01-03, Clarke Quay
Directions: The Cannery, Clarke Quay
Other Contact: RESERVATIONS@THECLINIC.SG
Phone: +65 68873733
Attica is a nice bar / night club with a lot of pretty girls. Entry cost a whopping 25 S$ but inlcudes two drinks and entrance to Attica Too, which opens Friday & Saturday from 11pm till late. Attica Too is upstairs and offers some good DJ's and even more people to watch. Go early, in order to get a good spot and avoiding the line later on.
Dress Code: Dress to impress.....
Address: 3A River Valley Road, #01-12/13/14 Clarke Quay
Directions: Clarke Quay
Phone: +65 6333 9973
Esplanade Theatre is a very nice venue from the outside and as well from the inside.
I was lucky to get 2 Tix for Stomp and it was just great!
If you have the chance to see a play, musical, concert or any other show at the Esplanade be sure to go there. There are 1'946 seats in the venue and it was packed....
Dress Code: Well, don't go in your Backpacker-Clothes... but you don't have to dress up either. Let's call casual as the proper Dress Code.
Address: 1 Esplanade Drive, Singapore
Directions: MRT City Hall
Phone: +65 6828 8377
More Reviews (68)
- See All Cafeteria il Lido
- See All Singapore Zoo
- Movies and Censorship
- See All Keep your SIA Boarding Pass
- See All Condominiums
Carino's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 75 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 75 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 75 reviews, 54 photos
- Zürich Intro, 69 reviews, 53 photos
- Dublin Intro, 32 reviews, 31 photos
- Budapest 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaisalmer Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Sentosa Island- 78 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Little India- 61 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Universal Studios- 28 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Songs of the Sea - Sentosa Island - CLOSED- 31 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Orchard Road- 41 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Underwater World- 33 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 52 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Bugis Street- 14 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Chinese & Japanese Gardens- 16 Reviews, 28 Photos
- National Orchid Garden- 27 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do