"The capital of North Korea" Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang by Carino
P'yongyang Travel Guide: 280 reviews and 970 photos
From the 39th floor the Skyline of Pyongyang looks just like every other capital in the world. But with a closer look you will miss cars, you will see unpaved roads, no lights at night and no advertising on the buildings.
You will see a lot of sculptures like this and other monuments in the city. Juche, Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il are just everywhere in the city.
Yes, this is also Pyongyang. A touch of the west, well located next to a soccer stadium: The Arch of triumph.
- Pros:A city with a lot of sights
- Cons:Bad roads and a lot of propaganda
- In a nutshell:Your entry point to North Korea
You can call yourself lucky if you have the chance to go out in town. Usually you can enjoy the nightlife in your... more travel advice
There is not only the museum but also the monument to the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War. more travel advice
- Souvenirs, beer, noodles...
- Drugs and Medication
- Souvenier shops
Carino's Related Pages
P'yongyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A capital city unlike any other"
- "Pyongyang - Kim Il Sung's blank canvas"
- "The capital of North Korea"
- "Last bastion of communism"
- "New Year in Pyongyang"
- "Capital of the Hermit Kingdom"
- "Capital of the Forbidden Land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in P'yongyang
- Hotels in P'yongyang
- Transportation in P'yongyang
- Nightlife in P'yongyang
- Restaurants in P'yongyang
- Shopping in P'yongyang
- Warnings and Dangers in P'yongyang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in P'yongyang
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to P'yongyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in P'yongyang
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 75 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 75 reviews, 54 photos
- Zürich Intro, 69 reviews, 53 photos
- Dublin Intro, 32 reviews, 31 photos
- Budapest 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Seoul Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaisalmer Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos