"My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region by in4ik

Riga Region Travel Guide: 2,024 reviews and 4,805 photos

I've been living in Riga all my life until recently. The last five years I've been living in the city center. I think I walked all possible streets. I've noticed and admired the best views, which I will share with you...

My goal is to make this TravelPage interesting and to suggest some activities that are beyond usual trip through Old Town and visiting all old churches.

I have to admit I like going out, I do it a lot and to different kind of places with different people. I check out new places as they appear in Riga. I'll share my experiences in nightlife and restaurant sections. I've been to some upmarket dining places, but I would rather suggest middle price restaurants (as well as good cheap ones).

• Pros:Cute, small
  • Cons:Boring for longer stays
  • In a nutshell:Miniature of old german town with a sand beach 15 away
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2003

• Nov 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

hi!! maybe you are my goodluck charm!!i´m from sweden and i want to rent an appartment or a flat in jurmalaa.can you tell me how to do that??Or do you now anyone who can help me? PLEASE answer to :hobbenmia@hotmail.com all the best from me to you...=)

• Dec 11, 2004 at 5:52 PM

Great tips - nice to get the inside-information from a local!

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 4:09 PM

Are you a student at B.Y.U.?

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 12:39 AM

Riga is a fantastic city, thanks for writing a great page.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2004 at 8:59 PM

Very useful tips for our trip coming up in a couple of weeks, thanks for sharing!

• rich77's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 10:02 AM

Great page, Inna!!! The opening pics are marvellous, but your site about Riga are very interesting. Travelogues are also superb!! :) well-done!

• edvin_br's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2004 at 10:21 AM

If i woyldnt know its true i wouldnt belive it is in Latvia... such a beautiful small streets with this amazing buildings... i think i will get there once... at least i hope... :))

• SimonT's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2003 at 3:54 PM

Lots of good info about Riga. I've visited a few times now but still learnt a few new tips for my next trip.

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2003 at 2:17 AM

Hey nice pics of Konventa Seta. I staye there for a couple of days, 3 years ago. It was nice, just like th rest of Riga.

• mulivieri's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 4:06 PM

Well Done! I'm planning for a travel in all the three baltic country, and you conviced me that Latvia is a good choice. thanks

in4ik

“Grass is greener somewhere else”

Badges & Stats in Riga Region

Have you been to Riga Region?