"Country of Landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia by in4ik
Latvia Travel Guide: 3,114 reviews and 7,528 photos
Latvia is divided into four regions: Kurzeme, Zemgale, Latgale and Vidzeme, named after tribes that once dominated the respective areas. Despite sometimes being referred to as the Switzerland of the Baltics (partly because of pretensions of being a regional financial center), Latvia is distinguished by rolling plains and modest hills; the highest hill, Gaizinkalns, is a mere 311 meters. Latvia has a 494-kilometer coastline and thick forests.
- Pros:Peacful, neat and green with beautiful beaches
Eastern Region of Latvia - Land of Blue Lakes. Aglona, a spiritual centre for Catholic pilgrims An amazing number of... more travel advice
Northern region of Latvia: Gauja, Latvia's longest river (452 km); Gaizinkalns, Latvia's highest point above sea level... more travel advice
in4ik's Related Pages
Latvia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet Home... Latvia"
- "Country of Landscapes"
- "Welcome to my country"
- "The country of Northern wind"
- "My home - Latvia"
- "Under Construction!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Latvia
- Hotels in Latvia
- Transportation in Latvia
- Nightlife in Latvia
- Restaurants in Latvia
- Shopping in Latvia
- Warnings and Dangers in Latvia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Latvia
- 49 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Latvia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Latvia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos
- Siena Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhyolite Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos