"Ancient City , Samut Prakan" Samut Prakan by may1273
Samut Prakan Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 102 photos
Over a hundred replicas and originals of old temples and landmarks grace Muang Boran or The Ancient City in Samut Prakan Province. The sprawling open-air museum is a living testimony to Thailand's rich culture and history created by the first Mercedes Benz dealer, the late Lek Viriyahbhunt.
Launched in 1972, it has since become a popular destination for both local and overseas visitors, wishing to learn about Thai arts and history.
Some of the most visited monuments include the Sanphet Prasat Palace, replicated from the Ayutthaya period, that was gutted by Burmese troops in 1767. Another choice is Wat Chong Kham replicated at considerable effort following the detailed study of temples in Lampang, while the Floating Market attracts tourists desiring to experience life of riverside community in the central plains of Thailand.
Souvenir shops, tea stalls, bicycle rental service and accommodation for
overnight stay is also available.
Getting to the Ancient City, Samut Prakan
By Car or Taxi :
Take the Express Way as far as the Samrong-Samut Prakan Exit. Turn to the Samut Prakan Intersection. Turn left along the old Sukhumvit Road (towards Bangpoo) until you get to km. 33. The Ancient City is on the left.
By Bus :
Take air-conditioned bus No. 511 (Pinklao-Paknam) to the end of the line. From here, take the mini-bus No. 36. It passes the entrance to the Ancient City.
may1273's Related Pages
Samut Prakan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Muang Boran"
- "Samut Prakan The Way to the Ocean."
- "Where The Chao Phraya meets The Gulf of Thailand"
- "Samut Prakan"
- "Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm & Zoo"
- "I love my hometown."
- "Ancient City , Samut Prakan"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Samut Prakan
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Samut Prakan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samut Prakan
Photos in Samut PrakanSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Norway Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 82 photos, 10 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 39 reviews, 40 photos
- Egypt Intro, 72 photos, 10 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 7 reviews, 52 photos, 6 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 58 photos, 10 travelogues
- China Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 51 photos, 7 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 49 photos, 8 travelogues
No friends yet.