"New York, first steps" New York City by shirez
New York City Travel Guide: 15,917 reviews and 32,120 photos
I have to tell a few things before I give my tips.
Im from a 2million residents` capital, and have traveled on my own a few times already in my life.
Have been also to NYC once, but I felt the same also.
I was a bit scared to go on a walk, because I felt really uncomfortable that it is sooo huge and also that I had no idea how the street names and numbers work.
Here is my 50 cents (opinion)> Avenues are crossing Manhattan from North thru South, and streets are crossing from West thru East. Most of the times the crossing helps you to find where you go, also the letter `E`, `W`, `N`, `S` indicates which part you should look for of the street. It is easier than it looks like on the map.
The area of Times Square is safe but very crowdy, either you bomp into people coming into your direction, or you are trying to pass round the crowds paddling in front of you. Here in the US I have a lot of problem measuring distances and even timing. I cant really feel how long it takes for eg from Times Square to Mexx, 5th Ave. I was always late. So if you havent been in the US before, and you are walking, consider this too. However riding the subway is more easy than you would think....
We were waiting in the line waiting to step inside the club when a huge, black jeep arrived, and some bouncers jumped... more travel advice
shirez's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- updated a New York City Travel Page "New York, first steps"
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: How crowded is Budapest in May?"
- Wrote a Review Watch a basketball Game about Madison Square Garden in New York City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch a basketball Game"
- Commented on one of kenadams's New York City travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Italy Intro, 58 reviews, 60 photos
- Budapest Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Fovaros Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Calabria Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Pecs Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tuscany Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos