"Portugal" Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal by micas_pt

Portugal Travel Guide: 19,832 reviews and 56,633 photos

It seems that I finally made up my mind about doing a page about my country. But I'm not sure where to start, seems that there is so much to say and so many places to visit, ... :-)

I think this page will be under permanent construction and update!!

As it was difficult to start building the page and organizing information, I classified my tips as:

. General Tips: an overview of Portuguese districts and some other general features such as listing Portuguese sites classified by Unesco

. Must See: the capital cities of the districts I mentioned previously

. Off the beaten path: all other cities, towns and villages that I enjoyed visiting. Some of them as definitely not the traditional concept “off the beaten path” (Algarve’s towns for instance), but this was the organization of information I could do.

All capitals, cities, towns and villages named here were already visited by me. I won't talk about places I have never been.

Last update on my tips: 26th September 2004.

• Intro Updated Sep 26, 2004

• iblatt's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Your tips and very beautiful photos evoke nice memories from my visits to Portugal. Thanks for visiting my very rudimentary Ireland page, I certainly have a lot more to write about than dangers and warnings... I'll try to develop the Ireland pages before your trip! My Israel pages are much more detailed...

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi Micas, thanks for stopping by my Highland page. Wonderful trip we had. Let me know if you have any questions. Also enjoyed Portugal last year. Warmest regards, Karl

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Congratulations for your page! I found a lot of information here. I will come there soon, most probably not before the next year. This year is already booked. Do you think that comming in Lisbon for few days just before Christmas may be a good ideea?

• fdrich29's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Great information about your country! Thanks for sharing.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM

You have very good information on your tips , they are helping us to prepare our next travel to Portugal Gracias !!!!

• otr2008's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Thx for great off-beaten-track places. Will be in Portugal for 4/5 weeks in the fall and will check your places out. don = members.peak.org/~ontheroad/...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM

What a fantastic page this is on Portugal - you have it covered from every angle! I just wish that I had been able to read all this valuable information before visiting in 2004. By the way, Portugal is still one of my all-time favourite destinations!

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Hello A, Outstanding pages. Thanks for the virtual tour. Tomas Eriksson :)

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 1:31 AM

thanks for The nice introcution to Portugal..it is on my wish list

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Just one word: FANTASTIC! (country, your tips and pictures). I am lucky to go to Cascais for the Euromeet 2010 and after I am going to visit the northern part of Portugal I skipped the previous time... I can't wait!

micas_pt Used To Live Here!

micas_pt

“Don't stress, enjoy the places.”

Badges & Stats in Portugal

Have you been to Portugal?

Latest Activity in Portugal