"Dubrovnik" Dubrovnik by micas_pt

Dubrovnik Travel Guide: 1,861 reviews and 4,983 photos

In late June we visited Dubrovnik. It was a day trip as we arrived on a cruise ship, together with thousands of other visitors. Cruise ships seem to be a popular form of visiting Dubrovnik and when several ships arrive at the port, either docked or tendered, thousands of visitors aim at the Old City of Dubrovnik, packing its delightful narrow streets and squares.

In spite of the bustling "main streets" we managed to escape to lesser visited parts of the town and had some streets to ourselves.

Unfortunately, I don't have photos of Dubrovnik. I don't download my photos to PC everyday, so I made the mistake of assuming the Dubrovnik photos on the card had already been copied to the hard-disk, so I formatted the card and used it again. It was only when we returned home that I realized my mistake. It was the first time this has happened to me, and I've been using digital cameras for 10 years now. I like to think of it as a sign that I have to return to Dubrovnik, hopefully on a day that it doesn't have cruise ships arriving and weather will be as great as it was on the day we visited.

The only photos I have were on a different card and were shot was we departed Dubrovnik. The ship on the photo is Pullmantur's Zenith. The sky was overcast but while visiting we had enjoyed a fantastic sunny day with fluffy white clouds on the sky. The water colour was magnificent!

• Last visit to Dubrovnik: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2011

Comments

micas_pt

“Don't stress, enjoy the places.”

Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik

Have you been to Dubrovnik?

Latest Activity in Dubrovnik