"Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico by micas_pt
Mexico Travel Guide: 20,814 reviews and 49,102 photos
Located in North America, Mexico borders with the United States, Guatemala and Belize. It is bathed by the Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
Mexico is divided into 31 states and the Federal District (D.F.).
It´s climate is very varied according to the region. Usually, the rainy season occurs between May and October, depending on the altitude.
The national currency is peso. It's symbol is $ and is often marked as mex$ or $ M.N. (M.N. = moneda nacional, which means nacional currency).
In turistic places the U.S.$ is usually accepted. The € (Euro) is also accepted in most turistic places.
Beware to save some money as it is necessary to pay a departure fee for each person.
Vaccination is not required.
I flew to Cancun airport, and was immediately taken (by bus) to the hotel which was about 120km away.
I think the main roads are good, altough some drivers seem to have forgotten some basic rules, ...
As you leave the airport, the mobile phone (fortunately) stops working, so you may as well leave it at home and fully enjoy your holidays. The national network operates GSM1900.
I stayed at an all inclusive resort, somewhere in the Yucatan Peninsula / Quintana Roo State.
> Estado de Yucatán.
- Pros: Diversity - beaches, archeology, diving, ...
- Cons: Sometimes crowded, ...
- In a nutshell: Fabulous, hope i return ever and ever again.
Mexican food is tasty and varied. Some plates are spicy, even considered "hot", so those who enjoy this kind of food... more travel advice
If you are travelling to some touristy beach destiny you must be sure you will have plenty of choice when it comes to... more travel advice
micas_pt's Related Pages
Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mexican medley"
- "TIPS FOR TRAVELERS TO MEXICO"
- "LA MAGIA DE MEXICO"
- "Mexico for cultural explorers"
- "A week in Banderas Bay"
- "La Venta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico
- Hotels in Mexico
- Transportation in Mexico
- Nightlife in Mexico
- Restaurants in Mexico
- Shopping in Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mexico
- 82 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
Top Mexico hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Cabo San Lucas Hotels
- 717 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- Puerto Vallarta Hotels
- 1139 Reviews - 1986 Photos
- San José del Cabo Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Tulum Hotels
- 451 Reviews - 1321 Photos
- Mexico City Hotels
- 2111 Reviews - 4389 Photos
- Akumal Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Acapulco Hotels
- 365 Reviews - 692 Photos
- Puerto Aventuras Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Mazatlán Hotels
- 468 Reviews - 777 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Manzanillo Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Isla Mujeres Hotels
- 208 Reviews - 572 Photos
- Tijuana Hotels
- 648 Reviews - 1038 Photos