"Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico by micas_pt
Mexico Travel Guide: 21,158 reviews and 50,560 photos
Located in North America, Mexico borders with the United States, Guatemala and Belize. It is bathed by the Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
Mexico is divided into 31 states and the Federal District (D.F.).
It´s climate is very varied according to the region. Usually, the rainy season occurs between May and October, depending on the altitude.
The national currency is peso. It's symbol is $ and is often marked as mex$ or $ M.N. (M.N. = moneda nacional, which means nacional currency).
In turistic places the U.S.$ is usually accepted. The € (Euro) is also accepted in most turistic places.
Beware to save some money as it is necessary to pay a departure fee for each person.
Vaccination is not required.
I flew to Cancun airport, and was immediately taken (by bus) to the hotel which was about 120km away.
I think the main roads are good, altough some drivers seem to have forgotten some basic rules, ...
As you leave the airport, the mobile phone (fortunately) stops working, so you may as well leave it at home and fully enjoy your holidays. The national network operates GSM1900.
I stayed at an all inclusive resort, somewhere in the Yucatan Peninsula / Quintana Roo State.
> Estado de Yucatán.
- Pros: Diversity - beaches, archeology, diving, ...
- Cons: Sometimes crowded, ...
- In a nutshell: Fabulous, hope i return ever and ever again.
Mexican food is tasty and varied. Some plates are spicy, even considered "hot", so those who enjoy this kind of food... more travel advice
If you are travelling to some touristy beach destiny you must be sure you will have plenty of choice when it comes to... more travel advice
micas_pt's Related Pages
Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mexican medley"
- "TIPS FOR TRAVELERS TO MEXICO"
- "LA MAGIA DE MEXICO"
- "Mexico for cultural explorers"
- "A week in Banderas Bay"
- "La Venta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico
- Hotels in Mexico
- Transportation in Mexico
- Nightlife in Mexico
- Restaurants in Mexico
- Shopping in Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico
- 82 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos