"Ullapool" Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool by micas_pt
Ullapool Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 279 photos
We visited Ullapool as a daytrip from Inverness. In July 2010 we explored the Highlands on a rented car, based our stay on some "major" locations' B&B, and used them to explore around, sometimes even a bit further, since during summer months days are long, sun rises early in the morning and sets late in the evening.
Ullapool, as mentioned before, was a daytrip from Inverness, and, weather wise, it was the worse day we spent in Scotland: it wouldn't stop raining, wind was blowing so hard I was afraid of getting too close to the shore, and it was freezing cold! Looked like a stormy January day in Lisbon rather than a mid-July summer day.
Neverthless, Ullapool enchanted us, it's a beautiful, weather beaten, fishing village; when going to Ullapool from Inverness you come across majestic green scenery, rolling hills, lagoons and everything you'd expect for Scotland. Also, the seascape is imposing, hard, beautiful, … words are scarse to describe it.
After driving past Loch Assynt, and taking a break to explore around its margins where you may find the Calda House and... more travel advice
We visited Ullapool as a daytrip from Inverness. It is about 92km in-between both, but it is such a scenic drive that it... more travel advice
micas_pt's Related Pages
Ullapool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Highlands & Ullapool"
- "Ullapool , Scotland"
- "Keeweechic's Ullapool"
- "One night in Ullapool"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ullapool
- Hotels in Ullapool
- Transportation in Ullapool
- Nightlife in Ullapool
- Restaurants in Ullapool
- Shopping in Ullapool
- Warnings and Dangers in Ullapool
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ullapool
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Ullapool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ullapool
Photos in UllapoolSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos