Amarante Local Custom Tips by micas_pt
Amarante Local Customs: 4 reviews and 4 photos
When I visited Amarante in May 2004, the city was under the work of being decorated for the local festivities. Streets were decorated with colourful pieces and lights. These local festivities take place in the begining ofJune and all city is involved with typical celebrations.
For further details of the festivities that take place every year in June, check the City Hall's website as they show a detailed program of what is about to happen (music concerts, exhibitions and so on). www.cm-amarante.pt
Nice café and balcony
In Amarante there are several typical sweets, all made with eggs and sugar. Their names vary – lérias, papos de freira, and much more – but basically they all consist, as I mentioned, of a base made with eggs and sugar. Some have some other ingredients, such as cinnamon, and are more or less cooked, but all are undoubtedly delicious!! You should give them a try.
A good place to taste them is at the first café by the Roman Bridge, before crossing to the Monastery.
More Reviews (28)
micas_pt's Related Pages
Amarante Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amarante a lovely town"
- "Amarante on the Tamega"
- "Amarante, the city of culture and passion"
- "Immaculate town with wooden balconies"
- "Amarante - Beautiful Old Town of Duoro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amarante
- Hotels in Amarante
- Transportation in Amarante
- Restaurants in Amarante
- Shopping in Amarante
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pirgos Psilonerou Hotels
- Rohais Manor Hotels
- Brookhaven Estates Hotels
- Rosewood Hotels
- Kurort Oberwiesenthal
- Bella Vista
Badges & Stats in Amarante
- 30 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Amarante?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amarante
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos