"Aviz" Aviz by micas_pt

Aviz Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 44 photos

Aviz is a very quiet place, with elderly population. When visiting Aviz, there's almost nothing to do - just walk through its narrow streets inside the wall, and visit a few spots. Almost no restaurants or bars, so there's no sense in talking about night life! :-) I guess i never noticed any place where a room could be rented, ... In the surroundings you will find "montes" which are houses in the middlle of the plains that rent rooms in what is called "Turismo de Habitação". Some of them have nice facilities such as pool (very useful in the hot hot summer) or horse riding. Outside Aviz there is a camping ground just by the water (there's a dam nearby).

Aviz and its surroundings are a nice place to visit in a one day trip. I guess you should consider staying for a few days only if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday. Otherwise i guess you'll get bored. :-)

Last update on my tips: 16th April 2004.

• Pros:Quiet
  • Cons:Too quiet
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 8:00 AM

Wonderful, informative introduction with great photo. I learned a new word "Pelourinho".Thanks for the information. I would love this town with its white homes with blue and yellow stripes!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2004 at 8:20 PM

A great page on Aviz, especially since I passed by it without knowing on my recent trip! I loved your tip on the Orange Trees - they are so beautiful to see along the streets (Castelo Branco in my case)!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2004 at 3:32 AM

Though I know I won't have the possibelity to visit when I come to Portugal, but at least I know now that such a beautiful city exist in your beautiful country ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2004 at 2:07 PM

Micas, fabulous updates with brilliant photos ...phhewww, I have never heard about a portugues town without any night life ... :o)

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 2:11 PM

How could i missed Aviz ! Great update Alex.

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2003 at 10:21 AM

Too Quiet & No Night Life ? but the place is so beautiful for my EYES ! ....I think I like this place already !!! :) Great...Regards.

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 11:23 PM

nice to read a page do alentejo "desquecido e ostracizado"...

• ania70pl's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2003 at 3:10 AM

Another place in Portugal I'd like to visit. Very good page Alexandra, thanks for sharing.

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 3:06 PM

Another beautifull spot of Portugal! Great job! ;)

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2003 at 10:21 PM

What a peaceful village, its like heaven for people like us who live in big cities.

micas_pt

“Don't stress, enjoy the places.”

Badges & Stats in Aviz