Pinhão Local Custom Tips by micas_pt Top 5 Page for this destination
Pinhão Local Customs: 10 reviews and 24 photos
Porto is known worldwide for its excellent sweet wine. Grapes for wine making come from the Douro region, some beautiful step landscapes by River Douro full of vineyards. Some other wines are produced here – the Douro region wine, also very good.
Vineyards and the harvest are one of the most important events that take place during the year. A whole set of traditions and customs are associated with this ancient “technique” and villages and its people are thrilled about the harvest event. It is their way of living; it is a tradition that is inherited from father to son along the decades and centuries.
Azulejos are traditional Portuguese tiles - they are hand painted tiles and can be found in blue and white shades or coloured, depending on theme, epoch and place.
Pinhão has outstanding azulejo panels on the train station – 24 panels, depicting Douro’s traditions concerning the vineyards and the harvest. You shouldn't miss them.
More Reviews (16)
micas_pt's Related Pages
Pinhão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pinhão - Douro Valley"
- "A Beautiful River Valley"
- "Port Wine's front door"
- "A wonderful train trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pinhão
- Hotels in Pinhão
- Transportation in Pinhão
- Restaurants in Pinhão
- Shopping in Pinhão
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mittelberg Hotels
- Tegal Hotels
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye Hotels
- Malolo Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pinhão
- 18 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Pinhão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinhão
Photos in PinhãoSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos