Sabrosa Off The Beaten Path Tips by micas_pt
Sabrosa Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Although Sabrosa is renowned for its manor houses, which are extremely well-kept and some of them are classified as National Monuments, you will also come across some "not so well kept" houses.
On this photo it is one of them. Nevertheless, I found this house quiet charming and I wish its owners will not let it go down, as it would be a shame. I found quiet a few of these around the village.
Pinhão is a lovely village situated on a valley and surrounded by mountains with vineyards on the step slopes. The village is bathed by River Pinhão (actually it is named after the River) where it meets River Douro. It is about 10km from Sabrosa.
Major highlights of this village are the train station which is classified as Portugal's most beautiful train station and also the metallic bridge built in the 19th century.
I loved our visit to Pinhão, although weather wasn't on our side. Its people are friendly, the wine very good (Porto sweet wine) and the landscape is breathtaking, both the green mountains and the quiet River.
Go to the Town Hall square and once there situate yourself with the Town Hall building on your back. The view in front of you and to the left is breathtaking!! The mountains surround Sabrosa and they are so beautiful on the late afternoon warm sun colours. Although the day we visited had been raining the clouds "moved away" for a while and we were able to enjoy the sun for some brief moments.
More Reviews (13)
micas_pt's Related Pages
Sabrosa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sabrosa
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Sabrosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sabrosa
Photos in SabrosaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos