"Cáceres, World Heritage site" Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres by micas_pt
Cáceres Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 212 photos
Cáceres is a Unesco World Heritage Site. Its Old City, also called the Monumental City, is a group of buildings (houses, churches, convents and towers) inside the castle walls.
Once you get inside, every build is a monument, ... it's really amazing. You must keep looking up, since there are archs, balconies, windows, so many details, ...
One detail i found fascinating were the storks' nests and the piggeons flying over you and hidding in small holes in the buildings' ancient stones.
Cáceres is very well preserved, everything is beautifuly well kept. During my visit i saw several houses being renovated and it's remarkable the care they put into it, maintaining the original details and using the same materials, ...
Everything is so perfect, almost too much perfect, ... like a scenario!!
I spent a nice afternoon there, walking around the streets. Pitty it was too hot ,although it was the end of September.
There is nothing in particular that is typical of Cáceres. In the souvenirs shops you will find some reproduction of... more travel advice
The only way to visit the Old City is walking around. There is no traffic inside the castle walls and the cobbled... more travel advice
micas_pt's Related Pages
Cáceres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cáceres, World Heritage site"
- "Caceres - UNESCO site"
- "Patrimonio dela Humanidad-Human Heritage"
- "History of Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cáceres
- Hotels in Cáceres
- Transportation in Cáceres
- Restaurants in Cáceres
- Shopping in Cáceres
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cáceres
- 35 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Cáceres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cáceres
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 97 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dominican Republic Intro, 42 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cáceres Intro, 35 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Amarante Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vila Real Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serra da Estrela Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos