"Exotic Queensland - raw, diverse, & beautiful!!!" State of Queensland by GlobalMatt
State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,326 reviews and 20,967 photos
There are many, many things to do in Queensland. The dominating theme is the great outdoors. Every imaginable outdoor activity beckons you. There's the rainforest, Great Barrier Reef, Aboriginal villages, wonderful wildlife habitats, & much, much more. Here's a shot of the mighty Barron Falls in the rainforest near Kuranda.
If you've ever driven the 101 in Northern California, you will find parts of Queensland to be very similar. Dramatic cliffs and backdrops into the ocean abound along Q'land's coastline...especially between Cairns up to the Mossman/Daintree regions. If you ever visit this area, I would highly recommend renting a vehicle to explore on your own. There are so many wonderful sights and destinations to explore.
Aside from the rainforest & the Great Barrier Reef, I found the many different wildlife habitats to be extremely impressive. It's absolutely fantastic what the dedicated Aussies do for their native animals. I had the privelege of visiting Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, The Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary, & the Cairns Night Zoo. The encounters you experience with these magnificent creatures will provide you many wonderful memories. Check out more of my region-specific pages for more detailed info on some of these places.
- Pros:Immense topographical diversity, scenery, wildlife
- Cons:Very humid...bring bug spray...can be a bit pricy
- In a nutshell:Not just the Great Barrier Reef!!!!
GlobalMatt's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 1 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 36 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Port Douglas Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Sedona Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Hawks Nest State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint Lucia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- St. Thomas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Top State of Queensland hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 836 Reviews - 1796 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1645 Reviews - 3655 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2193 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 113 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 727 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Rockhampton Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Mooloolaba Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 385 Photos
- Townsville Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Fraser Island Hotels
- 166 Reviews - 465 Photos
- Magnetic Island Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Maroochydore Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 219 Photos