"Meteor Crater" Meteor City by GlobalMatt
Meteor City Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
Well...or martian landscape. This area is about 45 minutes east of Flagstaff, Arizona....about 7 miles south off of I-40. If you love geology, this place is for you. To imagine the impact of a meteor traveling so fast that it blows back the strata of the earth in twisted shapes is quite impressive. We stopped here for about an hour to take photos and enjoy the visual documentaries of how the meteor was formed. If you're traveling between Flagstaff & Albuquerque sometime, it is well worth the visit to see this geological marvel.
Here's a good shot of the inside of the crater...although it's pretty dark by this time. It was taken just before the site closed (5pm.) Once it gets to about 3pm, the light goes pretty quick due to the depth of the crater. Hey Matt....nice thumb blocking part of the picture!!
Here's Alaina in front of the crater when it was a little bit lighter outside. I took about 5 shots in a row and put them together on the floor after I got the film developed. It was pretty cool to see the whole crater as we saw it. It's too bad I can't do that on here to show you. So, I guess you'll just have to go and see it for yourself!! :-)
GlobalMatt's Related Pages
Meteor City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the Most Valuable Meteor Craters on Earth"
- "It's Really Just a Big Hole, But It's Kinda Neat."
- "Meteor Crater"
- "I haven't actually been here!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Meteor City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Meteor City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meteor City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 36 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Port Douglas Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Sedona Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Hawks Nest State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint Lucia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- St. Thomas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos