"Cairns - Gateway to Tropical North Queensland" Cairns by GlobalMatt
Cairns Travel Guide: 867 reviews and 2,199 photos
Cairns is situated in northern Queensland along the Pacific coast. This region is the tropical lifeline of Australia. Here, you can make Cairns your base for ultimate eco-adventures. The three main adventures you must experience in Queensland are the Great Barrier Reef, rainforest region, & the Aboriginal town of Kuranda. The skyrail from Cairns to Kuranda is especially fun. Check my travelogue on "Skyrail to Kuranda" for good info and pics.
One of my favorite memories of Queensland is Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. If you want to be close-up with crocs and learn about their lives and surroundings, this place is for you. It also features a walk-around zoo-type setting, featuring native Aussie animals. You can even feed wallabies, kangaroos, & birds right out of your hand! CHECK OUT MY TRAVELOGUE on this wonderful wildlife sanctuary!!
- Pros:The outdoorsman's tropical adventure paradise
- Cons:Can be expensive...very humid...be prepared.
- In a nutshell:A wonderful, diverse adventure unlike any other
GlobalMatt's Related Pages
Cairns Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairns QLD more than a tourist city."
- "CAIRNS (PAGES UNDER CONSTRUCTION)"
- "Cairns - gateway to Far North Queensland"
- "Cairns - A Land of Contrast"
- "Cairns - more than the Great Barrier Reef"
- "Tropical North Queensland's landing strip...Cairns"
- "IMPREXXION: CAIRNS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairns
- Hotels in Cairns
- Transportation in Cairns
- Nightlife in Cairns
- Restaurants in Cairns
- Shopping in Cairns
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairns
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairns
- 0 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairns
Photos in CairnsSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 36 reviews, 109 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Port Douglas Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Sedona Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Hawks Nest State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint Lucia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- St. Thomas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos