"You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to......" Mount Isa by angela80
Mount Isa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos
Stayed 2,5 months in the Isa. Girls you find more blokes than anywhere else :-)
You`ll find one of the world largest underground mines rich of copper, silver, lead and zinc in The Isa. The world`s top three producer of silver and top 10 of copper and zinc. It`s locally known as a rough and ready but prosperous town and job oppertunities have attracted people from about 60 different ethnic groups.
- the Mine
- Lake Mandoora
- rodeo in August
My hometown in Australia is the Isa. Cause I stayed 2,5 months at argylla caravan village. Spend my time working in Jr Turanga Supermarket and Laura Johnson Home. Get to know the local people and the area around the Isa.
Its worth staying a couple of days just visiting the major attractions. Get into the local people and pubs.
- Pros:Long away from anywhere, but definitely worth staying a few days; friendly people in a cute mining town.
- Cons:Smoke of the mines isn`t healthy at all.
- In a nutshell:You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to ...THE ISA.
In The Isa they organize surface and underground tours. It takes you through the workshops and mine site. more travel advice
angela80's Related Pages
Mount Isa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You are not a real Aussie 'til you've been to Isa"
- "The Gulf country."
- "The Isa"
- "You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to......"
- "As Out Back as it Gets"
- "Copper mine"
- "Queensland's Mineral Wealth. Mt Isa."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Isa
- Hotels in Mount Isa
- Transportation in Mount Isa
- Nightlife in Mount Isa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Isa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Isa
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mount Isa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Isa
- Commented on one of eviltooth's Mount Isa travel pages
- Wrote a Review Copper, Silver, Lead and Zinc Mine in Mount Isa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Copper, Silver, Lead and Zinc Mine"
- updated a Mount Isa Travel Page "You`re not a real Aussie `til you`ve been to......"
- Posted in Travel Johor Bahru Forum "Re: From JHB to KL"
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Deurne Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Sydney Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Mount Isa Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Poland Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Arnhem Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Coffs Harbour Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos