"Land of Mountain gods Pakistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan by imranthetrekker
Pakistan Travel Guide: 3,791 reviews and 8,365 photos
Land of ethnic tribes
Abode of mountain gods
Country of cultural diversity
Throne of ancient civilizations
One name but numerous definitions*
Whether one is wondering in the narrow streets of the ancient cities of south, Peshawar and Lahore or looking for the foot prints of past invaders in Khyber pass (Alexander the Great, Genghis khan) or following the trails of Marcopolo in the rugged mountains of Hindukush or Karakoram, I tell you the truth, it is an amazing country.
It is the land which attracted the Alexander of Macedonia in 326 B.C with whom the influence of Greek culture also came to this region later which gave genesis to a unique art of sculpture Gandhara art which is known all over the world.
In 2nd century A.D Buddhism was adopted as the state religion which flourished and prevailed for almost 1000 years, from 2nd century B.C till 10th century A.D during this time hundreds of monasteries and stupas were built in Taxila (Takshashila), Peshawar (Pushpapura), Charsadda (Pushkalavati) and Swat (Udayana).
Once it was the center of the earliest known civilization in the region which dates back to 3 red millennium B.C. which flourished on the banks of river Indus that is why it is known as Indus valley civilization and 2 of its major towns are present as Moenjodro and Harappa.
However, Pakistan is the land which is blessed with natural assets but due to its rock bottom position, media turned a blind eye towards Pakistan as a result it could not get its stake from tourism but in the present scenario we can say that soon it will be one of the best tourist destinations in the world, inshAllah
So see you someday on a trekking trail in the mountains of North, or in a traditional Khawa shop (Tea Shop) of Qissa Khwani bazar Peshawar.
Bonjour from Islamabad, In Islamabad Damane Koh Lok Virsa cultural museum Shah Faisal mosque shouldn't be... more travel advice
Bonjour from Islamabad, The best times for the mountainous regions begin from May in Pakistan when almost all the... more travel advice
- See All Lahore backpackers' Hostel
- See All Hotels in Lahore, Moenjodaro & Harappa
- See All Train from Zahedan to Quetta
- See All Trek to Fairy Meadows, Nanga Parbat
- See All Food streets in Pakistan
imranthetrekker's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 210 Reviews
- 192 Photos
- 481 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 116 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chitral Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Islamabad 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Lahore 19 reviews, 6 photos
- Gilgit 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Naran 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Sind 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skardu 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Balochistan 2 reviews, 5 photos