"La terre des montagnes Pakistan" imranthetrekker's Profile

We Dare Where The Eagles Fear

When the memory began for me I found exploration, the only outlet to my quicksilver nature whereas I felt the lakes reflecting the azure of the sky whispering to me, the summits of the lofty peaks challenging me, the angry rivers giving me the counsel of sobriety and equanimity in the hour of trial, lush green forests blessing me with fresh breeze , the mountain gods inviting me for a rendez vous , the stones telling me the anecdotes of the former thrones , all the things seemed pretty enigmatic therefore I had to hold the key of this terrible dilemma.
Meeting new people , exploring nature , enlightening myself with new cultures were one of the habits which always circumgyrated round my nature since the very beginning, but to my mind it could be the nature of every traveler whether Batuta of Morocco or Marcopolo or Imranthetrekker ?

Terichmir Highest Peak in Hindukush

Eventually I grew up in the narrow streets of Peshawar in addition having some roots in Chitral (my grand parents), my summer vacations I used to spend with them however the splendors of nature over there, woke the dormant human inside me.
I acquired my rudiments from an institution in Peshawar, moved to Lahore for further education where revealed things mysterious to me, brought a volte-face in my personality wherein my inclination towards Sufism is one of them.
In crude terms, paying frequent visits to the shrines of the Sufis (Muslim Hermits) attending the spiritual musical gatherings (Qawali).

Kalash Valleys

My exploration , however, begins from Chitral with the task that I undertook as a researcher on ethnicity in Hindukush in year 2000 whereas a foreign etymologist was assisting me , Former Red kafirs (Noorsitanis) and Balck kafirs (Kalashas) were the marrow of the study, where I got nodding acquaintance with the valley dwellers , their language , chronicle, customs and religious rites , sacred places , their deities as well as high passes and mountains

Chitral

Chitral, to my mind, one of the best hidden treasures of the nature, although Lord seems pretty generous while blessing it with natural assets like lakes, cold and hot fountains, rivers, glaciers, lofty mountains, green forests, rear species of fauna and flora, but irony of fate due to unjust approach and Pakistan?s rock bottom position in the international media, as it is still hidden from the eyes of the modern world.

The peace , tranquility and the essence of nature while traveling or trekking in Chitral northern Pakistan ( Gilgit , Hunza , Skardu ) , Swat valley that I found , away from the city lights , polluted environment and noisy klaxons proved that if the heaven exists it exists in shape of Pakistan on the face of the globe.

Swat Valley Pakistan

Pakistan, apparently, one of the destinations that is abundant in tourist spots whether mountains or lakes or historical sites.
Swat valley is one of the worldly heavens on the globe for being the centre of Gandhara civilization in the region.
I had been to different parts of Swat valley three times but each time it seemed new to me , archeological sites like Shingardara stupa , Nemogram stupa , Butkara , tourist spots like Madyan , Kalam , Mahodand lakes, Malam Jabba (ski resort) with their dense forests , rivers , glaciers, in short it is endowed with natural assets.
My visit to the area was to have a glimpse of historical places as well as natural spots and I was totally overwhelmed with them

Yarkhoon valley of Chitral

The prominent features of this long valley , Its far flung location , breathtaking trekking trails , a passage of the past caravans , having some of the highest trekking passes could be truly categorized as trekkers heaven as well as the production of Cannabis (Marijuana ) in the areas of Patrangaz , Pawar , Gazin , Lasht is another attraction.My travel to that area not only for trekking but once I joined a French friend , undertaking a research on Cannabis we stayed in different villages while visiting different areas regarding our task and It was a nice experience the locals here very hospitable so where ever one goes honored and warmly welcomed

Architecture of Hindukush

The local architecture , ancient , attractive and sustainable but as long as the tourism approached Chitral It has created complexities whether in shape of menaces to environment or modernization or money race ,that brought some disastrous changes in the area .

• Intro Updated Oct 30, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

imranthetrekker

“C'est la vie mon ami..”

Real Name