"NOW" Espoo by Jusba

Espoo Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 219 photos

Where?

So this is the city I NOW live in. Kilo is the district to be precise and it right next to my old living quarters - Leppävaara. Kilo is more quiet neighbourhood and more family oriented (i think) than Leppävaara. Its 15 minutes train ride away from the central of Helsinki and 3 minutes from Leppävaara (Sello shopping center).
Kilo really is not a sight to see, it's just a place where it is quite nice to live in. I love it :)! Check out the nice view from my balcony...lucky place to live in, eh?

Why?

I'm still studying in Helsinki School of Economics but also working. That's the main reason I now live here in the capital region, there are a lot of open jobs on the market right now (late 2007). I lived the start of my life in Lapland (Rovaniemi), but felt that I have to see more of the world and moved to Helsinki. It was a big change moving over 800 km to the south, but I think it was worth it.
Now Im already looking forward....lets see where I will end up!

What's to say?

To be honest. I don't even feel like I'm living in Espoo city. The whole capital region is one big place Helsinki-Espoo-Vantaa. This city of Espoo doesn't have a face or a specific characteristic. Espoo is more quiet than Helsinki and theres a bit more nature around but it lacks a certain unity that makes a city. It's just there and offers everyone what they need, nothing special...
Coming from a small city it is difficult to adapt to the crowds everywhere, the traffic and the rush most people seem to have! Living here makes me really appreciate my home town.

• In a nutshell:Nothing special
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2007

Comments

Jusba Lives Here!

Jusba