"Mae Sai" Mae Sai by pattayaraj
Mae Sai Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 203 photos
Mae Sai 's the northest district of Thailand with the Sai River as a border to Ta Chi Lek , Myanmar . There's a bridge connect between 2 countries in a very short lenght.As a border area and also a trade route between Myanmar and Thailand,so in this area have a big market where sells so many stuffs like electric stuffs,clothes,Jewelry and more.Also,this area have some accommodations both in budget and high price.Even transportation,there're so many busses run from BKK,Chiang Mai or Eastern part of Thailand directly to this place.
In the past,Mae Sai area was one ancient city called Vieng Pang Kham.It was built in Lanna period and it still remains a city moat and rampart.This ancient city have replaced by a new commercial city so the history 's just an information which only few people realized.
- Pros:Nice scenery
- Cons:Stalls all around
The center of transportation in Mae Sai.All buses from Bangkok,Chiang Mai,all districts in Chiang Rai and others 're... more travel advice
At Mae Sai Border,it's famous in shopping.You can find so many stuffs there i.e. jewelry esp.jade,clothes,snacks (almost... more travel advice
pattayaraj's Related Pages
Mae Sai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mae Sai & The Golden Triangle"
- "Mae Saen: more than just the city at the border"
- "Mae Sai - Northern most point of Thailand"
- "Mae Sai"
- "MYANMAR FOR THE DAY"
- "Mae Sai Border"
- "Mae Sai - The far north of Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mae Sai
- Hotels in Mae Sai
- Transportation in Mae Sai
- Nightlife in Mae Sai
- Restaurants in Mae Sai
- Shopping in Mae Sai
- Warnings and Dangers in Mae Sai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mae Sai
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mae Sai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mae Sai
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 64 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 52 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nakhon Ratchasima Intro, 41 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 47 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khon Kaen Intro, 32 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 17 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lampang Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue