"Sri Sachanalai - the ancient city" Si Satchanalai by pattayaraj
Si Satchanalai Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 79 photos
Sri Sachanalai 's a historic city since Sukhothai Kingdom. Orniginally,it called Cha-liang city and used to located in an area of Phra Mahathat Chalieng temple. In this area found the evidence of Pre-historic community and became a town in 18-19 Buddhist centuries. At that time, the location was too narrow so the town spread to the North and became Sri Sachanalai city.
The location of Sri Sachanalai have a small hill at the center and the same range was also as a city moat. In another side ,there 's the Yom river which was the city moat too.Sri Sachanalai have 3 main periods: Sukhothai,Ayuddhaya and Rattanakosin or Bangkok period. In 1990,UNESCO gave Sri Sachanalai to be the World Heritage.
Sri Sachanalai city became the Historical Park and protect by the Fine Art Department. In this city, you can see so many evidence of the Sukhothai Kingdom,such as city moat&forts,temples,pottery kilns and irrigation system.All monuments separated to 4 groups. There 're 1) Temples in the city.2) Monuments located near Yom river. 3) Temples outside city and on the hills.4) Kilns center in the North.
The main temples located in the city center. The most significant one 's Chang Lom temple where located at the heart of city.
Sukhothai was welknown in pottery making.That pottery called Sangkhalok.The Sukhothai pottery was exported to many... more travel advice
The temple of Chalieng city,or so called "Wat Phra Boromthaat Muang Chalieng" or "Wat Phra Prang".This temple is the... more travel advice
pattayaraj's Related Pages
Si Satchanalai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sri Sachanalai - the ancient city"
- "Ancient ruins in splendour"
- "Si Satchanalai"
- "Si Satchanalai"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Si Satchanalai
- 20 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Si Satchanalai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Si Satchanalai
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 64 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 52 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nakhon Ratchasima Intro, 41 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 47 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khon Kaen Intro, 32 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 17 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lampang Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue