"Gyaraspur" Gyaraspur by pattayaraj
Gyaraspur Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
Located in Vidisha District, Gyaraspur have some low steep hills. It's about 38.4 km. from the Vidisha district. Gyraspur is an important place in the medieval period. All ruins have an influence of Buddhism, Brahmanism and Jainism.The attraction places are Attha khamba (eight pillars) and Char khamba (four pillars) where remains of the columned halls of temples belonging to the 9th & 10th centuries AD. And the early 10th century temples, Bajra Math and Mala Devi Temple in post-Gupta style.
I went to Gyaraspur by bus from Vidisha.It was a long trip on a bad and narrow road. And we were only 2 foriegners on the bus,so every eyes stared to us.Haha. We dropped at Gyaraspur town and walked up to the hill for monuments.It was an uncomfortable time with so many men came to talk and follow all the time,but the monuments 're so fantastic.
Not just monuments , the scenery from the hill is so fastinated but we need to avoid touts and unrespectable keyman.So it reduced the nice feeling.
- Pros:Good monuments
- Cons:Unrespectable keymans.
- In a nutshell:There are another interesting temples where I missed but I think I won't have a chance to this place again.
This temple located on the foothill where is on the same way as Maladevi temple. The Char Khamba temple or so called... more travel advice
Before I went to Gyarapur ,I 've heard about the picturesque scenery of this town. At first when I dropped from the bus,... more travel advice
pattayaraj's Related Pages
Gyaraspur Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gyaraspur
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gyaraspur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gyaraspur
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 64 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 52 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nakhon Ratchasima Intro, 41 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 47 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phetchaburi Intro, 29 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khon Kaen Intro, 32 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kengtung Intro, 17 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lampang Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue