"Gyaraspur" Gyaraspur by pattayaraj

Gyaraspur Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos

Located in Vidisha District, Gyaraspur have some low steep hills. It's about 38.4 km. from the Vidisha district. Gyraspur is an important place in the medieval period. All ruins have an influence of Buddhism, Brahmanism and Jainism.The attraction places are Attha khamba (eight pillars) and Char khamba (four pillars) where remains of the columned halls of temples belonging to the 9th & 10th centuries AD. And the early 10th century temples, Bajra Math and Mala Devi Temple in post-Gupta style.
I went to Gyaraspur by bus from Vidisha.It was a long trip on a bad and narrow road. And we were only 2 foriegners on the bus,so every eyes stared to us.Haha. We dropped at Gyaraspur town and walked up to the hill for monuments.It was an uncomfortable time with so many men came to talk and follow all the time,but the monuments 're so fantastic.
Not just monuments , the scenery from the hill is so fastinated but we need to avoid touts and unrespectable keyman.So it reduced the nice feeling.

• Pros:Good monuments
  • Cons:Unrespectable keymans.
  • In a nutshell:There are another interesting temples where I missed but I think I won't have a chance to this place again.
  • Last visit to Gyaraspur: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2005

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 12:44 AM

Great information about the old temple and monument of Gyaraspur.

• aadil's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 6:43 AM

Pretty place with temples and monuments!!! I guess it is worth visiting even with lousy keymen around!!! So where did you stay here if even the restaurants were missing?!!! HAHAHA!!!

pattayaraj

“Work as Museum Lover, travel as Cultural Explorer”

Badges & Stats in Gyaraspur

Have you been to Gyaraspur?

Latest Activity in Gyaraspur