":: Folegandros ::" Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island by perfectly_zen

Folegandros Island Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 103 photos

A place lost in time

There´s nothing better when you travel, than to find yourself pleasantly surprised by a place that you never thought would catch your eye. A place hat you heard nothing, or very little about, and when you get to know it, it turns out to be the most magnificent of all.

That´s the effect Folegandros island caused me when I went to visit Greece and the cycladic islands in September,2007. It was a trip I had been planning for long...and i decided to avoid cruise packages and choose my own itinerary. I counted a lot with the opinion of vt´ers to decide which islands to visit, and one of them advised me to pick up, apart from the worldwide famous locations, one island that was almost unknown. Following this advice, I looked on the map and chose Folegandros, as it was on the way between Santorini and Milos, that i planned to visit as well... a bit crazy thing to do, but that´s something i do not regret at all!

Folegandros was my best experience during the trip to Greece and the Cyclades. I was amazed by the simple, traditional life of the villagers, the rocky landscape, the imposing cliffs and the bight blue sea.

• Pros:Dramatic scenery, pristine beaches...
  • Cons:Not many ferry connections...
  • In a nutshell:One island that managed to maintain the cycladic tradition despite tourism.
  • Last visit to Folegandros Island: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 15, 2008

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Excellent guide to this breathtaking island!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 5:16 PM

nice page from one of the lesser known greek islands. i like the sound of that hotel.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Pictures are fantastic and tips very informative. I know I'd be uncomfortable along the edge in Chora. Thanks for sharing.

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 3:20 PM

perfect descriptions of this gorgeouse islands....a brasilian that apreciate greek islands...two of my big travel love togheter...Greece and Brasil!

Badges & Stats in Folegandros Island

Have you been to Folegandros Island?