":: Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine ::" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales by perfectly_zen
Puerto Natales Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 320 photos
Puerto natales looks like a common, regular town, but do not ilude yourself... =P There you can find people from all parts of the globe! The main reason for that is its closeness to the famous national park of Torres del Paine.
There are no charming gardens or constructions in town, but that does not matter since the surrounding nature is already very charming. Even with so many foreigners, the city does not have that appealing, touristic look and that makes it even more interesting. We feel like new residents... The ambient is very nice, you can meet lots of interesting people, make good friends and the locals are very friendly and supportive as well.
About Torres del Paine, that place has a kind of "aura" that is hard to explain. The mountains are unique, and so imponent...there are lakes from the colour milky blue to some that look like mirrors. The landscape is so thrilling and different, that you won´t pay attention to the fact that you are soaking wet, dirty, cold and almost being taken by the wind (no, this last one is not a joke! =P). Those things are details compared to the excitement of looking at guanacos, condors, cliffs and finding yourself between those huge mountains.
Many people I met were visiting the place for the second or even third time...I also dream to come back as well....In fact, I wonder if they have a job available for me over there hehehehehe...
Capital of the province of Ultima Esperanza, in South Patagonia, it´s considered the best option for those wanting to visit Torres del Paine, since it´s the closest city, and they have all the structure needed (lodging, supermarkets, equipments for rent, regular transportation, money exchange etc...). And also, you can meet much more people coming from Torres, so you can get some nice advices before.
About climate, just like the rest of patagonia, it´s quite impredictable but one thing is certain: the major part of tourists go on summer, as the winter has a temperature varying from -3 to 5°C, not counting the effects of the wind. For this reason, in the summer prices are higher and sometimes it´s avisable to make reservations, depending on what you are going to do, where you´re staying, etc... The high season usually lasts from November to February.
Bulnes Av. is the main avenue and it´s where most of the comerce is concentrated. It´s a small town, so there isn´t usually need for taxis, even though they are available and wih a reasonable price.
- Pros:Amazing nature, looks like other planet...great people
- Cons:You´ll forget about the con´s....
- In a nutshell:Definately a place to visit, again and again...
If you want to go camping in Torres, since the hostels inside the park are soooooo expensive, you don´t need to bring... more travel advice
Puerto Natales is definately the place for eating sea food....itýs great! And quite cheap, considering the type of fish:... more travel advice
perfectly_zen's Related Pages
Puerto Natales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Were the adventure star - Puerto Natales"
- ":: Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine ::"
- "The Gate to TORRES del PAINE N.P."
- "Puerto Natales"
- "Puerto Natales...Your link to Torres del Paine"
- "Gateway to adventure"
- "New definition of mild and temperate weather"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Natales
- Hotels in Puerto Natales
- Transportation in Puerto Natales
- Nightlife in Puerto Natales
- Restaurants in Puerto Natales
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Natales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Natales
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Puerto Natales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Natales
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: Greece in September"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Torres del Paine - the "W" trek"
- Wrote a Review Renting Equipment (Important) in Puerto Natales Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Puerto Natales Travel Page ":: Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine ::"
- Commented on one of jsepulve's Puerto Natales travel pages
Photos in Puerto NatalesSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Calafate Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos