":: El Calafate ::" Top 5 Page for this destination El Calafate by perfectly_zen

El Calafate Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 750 photos

A great place to visit....

For those who wants to see glaciers, do some trekking...El Calafate is the main city. From there you can get to the Perito Moreno glacier, and also take buses to other cities such as El Chalten, Ushuaia or to Chile, in Puerto Natales. The city is very very beautiful as well, and there are lots of places to see, accomodation and food isn´t a problem either. They have a great structure for tourists...

• Pros:Very organized town...with a nice landscape
  • Cons:Unfortunately, it is not close to my house! hehe
  • In a nutshell:A "must go" for those visiting Patagonia
  • Last visit to El Calafate: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2004

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Very interesting page. Greetings from Warsaw.

• DJMist's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Great tip. I'll be travelling to El Calafate in October. I'll remember this tip for photo ops.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2006 at 2:33 AM

I hope to have a nice weather when I visit the Chalten It is a pleasure to go through your pages

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 4:28 PM

Great info and pics! I'm thinking of visiting Patagonia at the end of this year...

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 1:05 AM

Hi Ligia, lovely page with great photos, the Fitz Roy one in particular is stunning!

• vtveen's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 3:40 AM

Great tips and pics about El Calafate and the glaciers. Looking forward to our visit this year.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 8:27 AM

One of the best pages I have read on south argentina, I really hope to go next xmass!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 5:12 AM

You have done a great job on your page of El Calafate. It is a very interesting small town. The glacier is beautiful.

• Maggies's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 2:23 PM

This place look almost unreal. Great pictures. I hope to come here and see it all by myself very soon.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 3:19 PM

Fabulous pics, neat tips. Cheers

Badges & Stats in El Calafate

Have you been to El Calafate?

Latest Activity in El Calafate