"::Angra dos Reis::" Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis by perfectly_zen
Angra dos Reis Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 110 photos
Angra dos Reis in my opinion is one of the places you must visit if you are coming to the souhteast region of Brazil. For those who love trekking, diving, secluded beaches, then Angra is an obligation. Located in the state of Rio de Janeiro (aprox 2 hours from the city of Rio on bus), not far from Paraty, this bay contains 365 islands of all kinds of sizes and types you could imagine.
It´s a long "beach catalogue"...you can choose the one that suits best for you....small, with calm, clean waters, cocconut trees? Wide, with native vegetation? In open sea? Easy to get to? Absolutaly difficult to be accessed and totally empty? They have it all.. By this number of options to visit, it´s very difficult to believe there won´t be an island you´ll fall in love with.
You can come on boat from Rio or from the city of Angra, located in the coastline and accessible from the beatiful road called Rio-Santos (BR 101), 400 km from the city of São Paulo and 150 km from the city of Rio...
Before taking the boat from the city in Angra, i´m absolutely sure everyone feels deceived...that´s exactly what I felt, when I stept for the first time on the city of Angra dos Reis and arrived at the port...the old, damaged city, the messy port with dark waters leave no room for good expectations...To go to Angra and not leave the coast line is a huge mistake because in fact what´s beautiful about it are the secluded beaches, islands, diving spots the BAY has....not the city....
It takes only some minutes, as the city desappears on the distance to enter into a completely different world, of untouched and wild beauty....
There are very beautiful beaches on the coastline, mainly on the way to Paraty, accessible from BR 101, but the city itself is not the best place to settle if you are planning to enjoy the beach.
Well, since there are 365 islands, it would probably take a whole year to visit all of them...
Those are the most visited islands in the bay....
4.Ilha da Gipoia....
here are some interesting links:
- Pros:365 pros!!!
- Cons:Try to avoid the high seasons...
- In a nutshell:Land of pirates, definately!
Ilhas Botinas (="boot islands") are a pair of tiny islands in the middle of Angra bay, accessible on boat. The are no... more travel advice
perfectly_zen's Related Pages
Angra dos Reis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHY *ANGRA DOS REIS*?"
- "::Angra dos Reis::"
- "Angra Dos Reis"
- "Angra in the Winter (June/July)..."
- "ANGRA DOS REIS.."
- "Rio's weekend playground"
- "Angra dos Reis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angra dos Reis
- Hotels in Angra dos Reis
- Transportation in Angra dos Reis
- Nightlife in Angra dos Reis
- Restaurants in Angra dos Reis
- Shopping in Angra dos Reis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angra dos Reis
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Angra dos Reis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angra dos Reis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Grande Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Calafate Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angra dos Reis Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Isla El Gran Roque Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos