"My life, My rules" arv1's Profile

PROCRASTINATION IS MY MIDDLE NAME!

My pages are permanently under construction because I love travelling and I spend so much time travelling to new places that I don't have time to write about older locations. There are some locations I went to ages ago, that I still haven't written...or typed about!! There are some places I went to during summer 2004 and 2005 that I have not written about. You can check my travel pages and still ask me questions if you want, I can still give advice...I apparently can't update! :D

I will upload photos up soon because I have my very own digital camera so I'm a bit flash happy now!!

Meeeeee

First things first, if you see any spelling mistakes on my pages, let me know, or any poor grammar, as I am a perfectionist!! And I always tell my friends off for having them, as it makes it difficult for others to understand.

I am now a third year student of the University of Birmingham studying Economics with French, BUT I am spending this year studying economics modules at Sorbonne in France. I've lost my passion for economics...hopefully this year in France will relight my fire!!

Apart from travelling, I also like reading and surfing the net. I used to do Muay Thai Boxing, something I would love to continue, but due to dodgy knees...this may be an unaccomplished dream! I think everyone should read the Harry Potter books, they're just so great!! Don't worry, I read other things too.

BOOK OF THE MOMENT: THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA (I will change as I finish the book...I have only ever given up on one book, otherwise I read everything cover to cover)

I can speak french and can communicate using British sign language, which I'm really proud of!! I don't get any practice though! My friends prefer to lip read, and they won't let me sign!! I also want to learn Spanish, Italian and then Cantonese.

When I'm older and earning, I would love to join Greenpeace or Friends of the Earth, as what they do is amazing. I have their online newsletter, but can't make any donations...no money...need a job!! This really annoys me though!! I feel like I'm sponging off them, they're giving me information and I'm taking it without giving much back...well I am annoying people about the facts I find. Like:

DID YOU KNOW THAT THE 3 RICHEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD EARN MORE THAN THE POOREST ONE HUNDRED MILLION

Think about that!!

Uni Life

I absolutely love University!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love being at home in London too...but it can get boring. University just has a different feel to it. This is going to make me sound like a brat but being at home makes me so dependant on my mummy and daddy.

Birmingham is a great city, that is where I go to uni and I love it! The culture, the safety of the streets, the nightlife, it is just great! Eventually you will see something on my Birmingham page...I mean before I leave the city for good...which means i still have about two years to write something :D

Paris is also amazing!! Being a student here is something else...

My Ambitions

1. Travel everywhere!! Or at least enough places to die happy (sorry for morbidity...) My life won't be complete unless I go to Antarctica. I also want to do Route 66 in the USA

2. Raise a golden labrador puppy, train it and give the gorgeous creature to a blind person who needs it for guidance. My grandmother was blind so I have always wanted to do something like that.

3. I want to own property abroad...I haven't quite figured out where though!! Somewhere I can use my second (well third I guess) language skills!

4. I want to write an article or a book, I want to have my name published somewhere like that!

5. I want a walk on part in a popular TV show...I wanted to be in Friends, but that won't happen now, so I will settle for Eastenders!!

6. Find the end of a rainbow!! ;)

I know I have more, 69 in total infact...but I'm not going to type them out!! They are displayed on my wall at University, so that I can see what I want to achieve everyday!!

My little travels

Do you intend to relax on holiday? I mean its nice to unwind but relaxation is nothing compared to running around the streets seeing monuments and meeting the native people! You can't do that if you sit on the beach 14 days in a row.

My first lounge-about holiday was in July 2005, when I was 19 (this travesty occured in Barbati, Corfu)!! When I travel, I spend about a week in each country and in Europe...it can be less then that, but a lot can be seen in that little space of time. I love travelling and my friends are sick of hearing me talking about the same stories again and again and again. But as it is a passion, I have to tell people where I go and what I see! The only thing that 'does my head in' about being a traveller is that someday and at some point you have to go back home...

Forgotten Location

Though not part of my travel pages, I have actually been to Spain and Jersey. The reason that these are forgotten is because I went when I was between the ages 6 - 8 years old, and therefore have very limited memory of them! Though I remember eating a lot of cheese in Jersey and getting a cold in Spain, it would be wrong for me to talk about them, as I can't honestly remember if certain places were worth a visit or not

Things to do on holiday:

1: Always forget something, its fun when you have to buy something extra - adds to the holiday spirit, recently I 'forgot' a pair of full length trousers/jeans/trackies...so obviously I had to buy something when it got cold!!! ;)

2: Come home late and get up early, you have to see everything, and who cares if you don't get a chance to sleep, sleep when you come home!!

3: Never set time to eat, eat when you feel like. You never realise how long you can go without food. However, when you do eat, savour every mouthful!!

4: Make a friend in every country, broaden your horizons, even though we probably have VT friends every where, its always cool to meet people properly. I still get christmas greeting cards from one Greek friend

AND

5: Just enjoy it!! Just have fun! You spent so much money going there, so don't let yourself down. :D

• Intro Updated Nov 27, 2006

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and may all your travel dreams come true!!!

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Happy B/D!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday and a year packed with lots of exciting travel.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and may all your travel dreams come true!!!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Je te souhaite un excellent anniversaire depuis les Alpes. May be at some time you will login again!

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!! Great philosophy on travelling!!! The Niagara Falls look so coooool!!! May all your travel dreams come true!!!

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Arvi, wishing you a Happy Birthday, wherever you are! Hope things are going well for you ~ Helen

• weebsdavid's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 6:33 AM

NEW FRIEND FROM SARAWAK WISHING U HAPPY BIRHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Hi Arvi! How is everything going? I wish you a very happy birthday! Eat a slice of cake for me, too. Take care, Michele

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Happy Birthday, wish is you get full fill of your wishes, and specially free and happy when ever and where ever you face .that my wish you from BURMA

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
arv1's Profile Photo

arv1

“Aspire to climb as high as you can dream”

Real Name