"Visiting The Ruins At Comalcalco" Comalcalco by lokibinky
Comalcalco Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
This picture was taken from the far end of the North Plaza of the site facing the Great Temple.
Inside the small museum on site, there are actually two mummies! They were placed in a LARGE pot, that looked like a giant planter, that was sealed. There are other artifacts as well: pots, figures, masks, stones, and much more. It was great.
On the left is the king's palace which sits atop the highest hill in the entire surrounding area, on the right, a temple.
- Pros:breezy, not crowded, & beautiful
- Cons:very warm, LOTS of Topes along the roads there..(VERY large speed bumps)
- In a nutshell:Ruins are not spread out; it was amazing!
Inside the site musuem are some exceptionally preserved examples of Mayan scuplture. more travel advice
lokibinky's Related Pages
Comalcalco Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Comalcalco
- Hotels in Comalcalco
- Transportation in Comalcalco
- Warnings and Dangers in Comalcalco
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Comalcalco
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Comalcalco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comalcalco
Photos in ComalcalcoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Villahermosa Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Boston Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Ruinas de Palenque Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Tacotalpa Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Comalcalco Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Teapa Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paraíso Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 3 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 3 photos
- Calgary Intro, 3 photos