"Some information about me" David_1983's Profile

Who am I?

First of all I want to thank you for visiting my VT homepage.
Currently I live in Canada, which became my new home in October, 2007. I come from Poland, (one of the European Union member states).
From the 2003 to 2008 I was a student at Wroclaw Univeristy of Technology (Politechnika Wrocławska). I studied computer science in Wroclaw and also lived there during that period of time.
However, originally I was born and raised in the small town of Olesno (pop. 11000) in Opole voivodeship (south-western part of Poland).

2007 Summer Vacation in the US

I participated the Work and Travel program in the U.S. in 2007. I stayed in North Carolina and worked in Canton town. I lived in very nice apartment in Clyde, NC.
I enjoyed US very much. The people were very friendly there!
But I also have a good advice to American friends: you should walk more often and not eat so much junk food. Also, on short distances you should use bicycles instead of cars!!!

My present trips

I love to travel, so only if is possible for me to see some new places I go to do it.
So far I was in Turkey (spring 2002), Czech Republic (summer 2002, spring 2007), Tunisia (winter 2002), Belarus and Russia (summer 2003, summer 2005), Ukraine (summer 2005), the Netherlands (summer 2004, summer 2006), Mongolia (summer 2005), China (summer 2005), USA (summer 2007).
In 2002 I rode to Czech Republic by bicycle with my friend. That trip wasn't easy, because of hard, long way, but it was great. I think bicycle is great for (not only) local journeys.
I was 7 weeks in the Netherlands during the summer of '04 and 6 weeks in 2006. I worked there.
In summer 2005 I was in Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Mongolia and China.
I really enjoyed those trips.
I have got some relatives in Germany, and I visit this country at least once a year.

Summer 2005

As I said before, I was in Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Mongolia and China in 2005. All trips were by railway, so it took some time. First, I went with my friends to Ukraine to buy tickets for Trans-Siberian Railway. When we did this, we went to China. I was traveling with my friends - Agata and Ania. That trip lasted 7 weeks, and it was really amazing. Meeting new people and seeing new cultures were a fantastic experience. I really enjoy staying in countries where I was traveling. People were very friendly (especially Mongolians).

My dream

My dream is to see the most mysterious country in the whole world - North Korea.
It isn't hard to go there, but trips are very expensive.

• Intro Updated Mar 27, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
David_1983's Profile Photo

David_1983

“To visit as many countries as possible!”

Ranked Member