"Where it all began..." Dublin by Kiwigirlie

Dublin Travel Guide: 5,145 reviews and 9,471 photos

A bit out of date but...

Well I arrived in London on the 22nd September 1997 and the next day I was bound for Dublin on a train to Holyhead. I was excited, apprehensive but I wasn't alone. A friend had persuaded me to come, although I felt like a third wheel when we met up with her boyfriend... Arh but you get that travelling and it's always motivation to set off by yourself.
Dublin was a little disappointing to look at but it made up for it in character. The locals talked absolute gobbleegook (although I can understand the Irish now!), but it didn't matter cos the accent was devine! Temple Bar looked interesting but my friend didn't want to go out at night. And being a big jet lagged myself I didn't push it.
I could smell yeast in the air and it was extremely comforting! And it was my first time to Tesco - the big supermarket giant... What a place!
Lugging my 22kg pack with me was a bit of a downer but then I didn't have to pay for accomodation so I shouldn't moan!
I would like to go back there and check it out but it's going to have to wait now...

• Pros:Character is everything and Dublin is full of character
  • Cons:Ugly & depressing town but lovely gardens.
  • Last visit to Dublin: Sep 1997
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2005

Comments

Kiwigirlie

“HAPPY TRAVELS!!!”