"Where it all began..." Dublin by Kiwigirlie
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,397 reviews and 10,262 photos
Well I arrived in London on the 22nd September 1997 and the next day I was bound for Dublin on a train to Holyhead. I was excited, apprehensive but I wasn't alone. A friend had persuaded me to come, although I felt like a third wheel when we met up with her boyfriend... Arh but you get that travelling and it's always motivation to set off by yourself.
Dublin was a little disappointing to look at but it made up for it in character. The locals talked absolute gobbleegook (although I can understand the Irish now!), but it didn't matter cos the accent was devine! Temple Bar looked interesting but my friend didn't want to go out at night. And being a big jet lagged myself I didn't push it.
I could smell yeast in the air and it was extremely comforting! And it was my first time to Tesco - the big supermarket giant... What a place!
Lugging my 22kg pack with me was a bit of a downer but then I didn't have to pay for accomodation so I shouldn't moan!
I would like to go back there and check it out but it's going to have to wait now...
- Pros:Character is everything and Dublin is full of character
- Cons:Ugly & depressing town but lovely gardens.
Kiwigirlie's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 29 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whangarei Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- France Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vik Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Brugge Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.