"My Kind of Town!" Whangarei by Kiwigirlie
Whangarei Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 86 photos
I spent the first 22 years of my life here and I intend to move back and be as close as possible to this place. Some people (including the Lonely Planet guide Book on NZ) don't find this place very interesting... Well that's fine with me, the more the tourists stay away, the happier I'll be! To me, it's a special place and if you know where to look, a place with lots of character, charm, scenery and good places to eat! Plus it's the gateway to a magical part of NZ. An area that isn't explored enough by the average traveller. Most people hit Auckland and go south. If you want fantastic empty beaches all to yourself, swim with dolphins for free, see some amazing Kauri forests, eat wonderful seafood, meet friendly salt of the earth people - then Whangarei and Northland is the place to go!
- Pros:Sunny, Beaches, Food, Scenery, Nice people - what more could you want?
- Cons:Might be boring to some.
Mount Parahaki (well it's a hill really) overlooks Whangarei and the viewing platform can be reach by road or by hiking... more travel advice
It's a lovely setting, the food is good and they have a good selection of different stuff to suit all tastes. Plus... more travel advice
Kiwigirlie's Related Pages
Whangarei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Kind of Town!"
- "Northland's Capital."
- "tutukaka, whangarei (coast line )"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whangarei
- Hotels in Whangarei
- Transportation in Whangarei
- Nightlife in Whangarei
- Restaurants in Whangarei
- Shopping in Whangarei
- Warnings and Dangers in Whangarei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whangarei
- 10 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Whangarei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whangarei
Photos in WhangareiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 29 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Whangarei Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- France Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vik Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Brugge Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.