"HOME SWEET HOME" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London by Kiwigirlie
Greater London Travel Guide: 27,375 reviews and 63,669 photos
Finally back in NZ after living in London for the last eight years. It's good to be home!! We are now living in the country just outside of Auckland (the biggest city in NZ) and doing the commute thing into work. We love where we live as it has an awesome view of the valleys & the city in the background. Have managed to find work pretty much straight away and now getting ready for our wedding in April!
What a difference 10 months can make.... We did a bit of travelling before coming back and I have yet to get all of our travel pages sorted out...
But it won't be long!
I've lived all over west London. Starting in Earls Court then Barons Court, Shepherds Bush, West Hampstead and now Dollis Hill. I have lived with some crazy people over the years but none as crazy and kooky as Cindy (from Capetown) and Cathy (Londoner) & Lorraine (Manchester). They were part of the original crew in our Sheperds Bush house. There were some crazy times at that house (the parties were mad!)and I have forged lasting friendships with all of them. Going to miss them when we leave!!
"It's the people that you meet when you're walking down the street..." Well I love Sesame Street and they were damn right about that particular song. It's all about the people that you meet on your travels and the experiences!
I didn't know that I had a cousin (Jocelyn) in London until I got here! And then when my sister Sheryl, came over it was fantastic! My friends became her friends!
Not only do you create some great relationships with people you love, admire and aspire to be but if they live all over the world, then you have every excuse in the book to visit them. I now have friends in Brazil, Italy, Spain, Canary Islands, Sweden, Australia, USA, South Africa, Rarotonga, France, Bulgaria and of course in England. All of whom are desperate for me to visit and it's the same for them and my country!
- Pros:Nothing beats the places you know & love!
- Cons:It's a bit more expensive to travel from here and it's isolated - but that is a bonus with the state of the world right now.
- In a nutshell:I'm glad to be home away from the kaos of London...
Much better than Camden Market, Portbello has all that you could want and more. Antiques, books, gifts, jewellery,... more travel advice
If you have a bigger budget or you just wanna do it once to say you have, then catch a black cab! These are the second... more travel advice
- See All THE BOAT RACE!!
- Grab a TNT
- Hotels Galore
- See All "Stand behind the yellow line!"
Kiwigirlie's Related Pages
Greater London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SURROUNDED BY AIRPORTS"
- "London, I love the place"
- "HOME SWEET HOME"
- ""When you're tired of London You're tired of life"
- "The London I love"
- "CAMDEN is COOL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greater London
- Hotels in Greater London
- Transportation in Greater London
- Nightlife in Greater London
- Restaurants in Greater London
- Shopping in Greater London
- Warnings and Dangers in Greater London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greater London
- 29 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Greater London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greater London
Photos in Greater LondonSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 29 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whangarei Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- France Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Vik Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Brugge Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.