"More than the sum of its parts" Holyhead by lomi
Holyhead Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 33 photos
Holyhead town is pretty awful, the shops are shabby, the whole place looks thoroughly run down.
But if you are kicking your heels waiting for the ferry or a train connection dont loose heart there is much more to see: keep on walking towards Newry Beach a lovely area that holds much more promise with its country park and marina. Or if you have a car or the time to get on the 22 bus (that takes you 3 miles out of town) visit the lovely South Stack lighthouse, with its 400 steps down the cliff face, there is also the visitor centre and cafe and lovely cliff and coastal walks.
the Iron Age Caer y Tŵr Hillfort on the summit of Holyhead Mountain in the care of Cadw; Cadw is a Welsh word... more travel advice
This breathtaking cliff-top site on Holyhead/Holy Island is a 3 mile drive out of the town.The South Stack lighthouse is... more travel advice
lomi's Related Pages
Holyhead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "holyhead...oh well never mind"
- "More than the sum of its parts"
- "Merely a flying visit."
- "Holyead and Trearddur Bay"
- "The cutest town ever!"
- "The Celtic Gateway"
- "Abandon all hope ye who enter here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Holyhead
- Hotels in Holyhead
- Transportation in Holyhead
- Nightlife in Holyhead
- Restaurants in Holyhead
- Warnings and Dangers in Holyhead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Holyhead
- 8 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Holyhead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holyhead
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 145 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 56 reviews, 34 photos
- Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaumaris Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Arrecife Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Clun Intro, 17 reviews, 8 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- Oswestry Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos