"Llandudno! is not a bit like South of France" Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno by lomi
Llandudno Travel Guide: 252 reviews and 507 photos
"If this was the south of France, it would be world renowned." a visitor to Llandudno said to a Gaurdian newspaper journalist. http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/sep/02/uk.wales
I have to visit Llandudno. Maybe it's a beach addiction. This Victorian seaside resort juts out into the sea from a gorgeous coastline between the university city of Bangor and the beaches of Colwyn Bay. It has a small population which doubles in the summer, when guest houses and hotels are teeming.
Even when it's busy Llandudno radiates charm. Where else is there a quarter of a mile of promenade and beach, street cafe-bars, restaurants, shops, ice-cream parlors and deckchairs all day for 2 pounds!
Lewis Carroll, the author of the Alice in Wonderland books, is said to have created his works based on his holidays in Llandudno.
- Pros:Small beach town with a big big heart
- In a nutshell:Victorian seaside town with a modern outlook
I love old things almost as much as beaches. This museum is brimming with stuff and I spent a happy 3 hours here,... more travel advice
The Great Orme Country Park is much visited, and the geology, wildlife, archaeology and landscape of the Great Orme... more travel advice
- See All Last orders for food 6.45pm
- See All B & B that gets my vote
- See All Conwy Seed Fair
- See All Golf anyone?
- See All The Kingdom of Night time Pleasures
lomi's Related Pages
Llandudno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Llandudno and the Great Orme"
- "Llandudno! is not a bit like South of France"
- "Llandudno - a good base to explore Northern Wales"
- "Llandudno North Wales"
- "LLandudo - North Wales"
- "Beautiful Seaside Small City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Llandudno
- Hotels in Llandudno
- Transportation in Llandudno
- Nightlife in Llandudno
- Restaurants in Llandudno
- Shopping in Llandudno
- Warnings and Dangers in Llandudno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Llandudno
- 56 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Llandudno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llandudno
- Posted in Travel Sevilla Forum "Airport bus and drop off points"
- updated a Llandudno Travel Page "Llandudno! is not a bit like South of France"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I love looking at Old Stuff in Llandudno Museum"
- Wrote a Review I love looking at Old Stuff in Llandudno Museum in Llandudno Things to Do
- Commented on one of stevezero's Llandudno travel pages
Photos in LlandudnoSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 145 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 56 reviews, 34 photos
- Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaumaris Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Arrecife Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Clun Intro, 17 reviews, 8 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- Oswestry Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos