"Hola Amigos!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote by lomi
Isla de Lanzarote Travel Guide: 883 reviews and 1,795 photos
I'm going to tell you a secret. Come in and have a look at my Lanzarote pages. Would you like an ice cold beer, a drop of Ron Meil (honey rum), or a reviving cafe con leche.
Are you sitting comfortably?
Here is my secret.
Prepare yourself for this island by chilling out!
Every worker in Lanzarote, like the rest of Spain, is given 42 days holidays a year. 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks in summer and 14 days off for fiestas and National Holidays.
Everyone here knows how to relax, and the jewels in the crown are Carnival in February, and Fiesta in August. The banks profits as well as the ocal town hall gives massive support for the events to happen. Anyone involved in preparations get more days off.
So while your here, grab a giant jacuzzi bath size of relaxation and try people watching. The Spanish are experts, they have pavement café’s, beaches and sunglasses especially for sitting back and watching each other. Wave to the seniors on street corners or outside their favourite café/bar getting a bit of eye candy.
Or try paseo ; walking out of an evening. Dress to impress, link arms, blow air kisses and inspect each other, or just yell Ciao or Buenos Noches.
Fiesta is far more serious, it needs planning!
Nearly everyone on the island will be involved. Someone has to organize the drinks, flags, costumes, musicians, floats or the dancing. Then, on the day, that’s it, if it hasn’t been completed, no worry’s. And Timing! p’ff no one cares. Whatever time you arrive, don’t expect an early night, you’ll be lucky to be in bed by 8am next morning. Though you could get called a party pooper. Some fiestas last 3 or 4 days.
If you don’t have the stamina for fiesta, check out the nightclubs. In Puerto del Carmen visit Harley Rock, Dreams and Charlie’s Bar with live music.
Not forgetting Costa Teguise with its English and Irish bars, Karoke and Showbars. A must visit is to Tekkers, next door to the Spar shop, with live music to take you into the wee hours.
Often. the first drink in many bars is usually two for the price of one.
In Playa Blanca at the new marina there is the Café del Mar lifting the rafters. Arrecife is vibrating with the sound of nightclubs and bars with Spanish, European, Africa and Latin music. Hope you can Salsa.
When you are all spent relaxing, there are eight spas to revive you... outlined in my hotel tips - under hydrotherapy spas.
Oh and don’t forget the 38 beaches and 50 miles of coastline! (see my travelogues for the Good beach Guide). Did I tell you we are 60 miles off the coast of the sahara? It's scorching hot so stay safe!
Now drink up, its time to move on and view my tips and travelogues. Remember to rate my tips if you enjoy them. Hurry along now I need my siesta.
Call back anytime for a visit or a chat.
Hasta la vista. Ciao.
See as much of carnival as you can in February and March
July, August, September are a good time to expereince fiesta
- Pros:Low-rise white washed houses
- Cons:Hot and busy in July & August
- In a nutshell:Like nowhere on this planet
Located in the Castillo de San Jose in Arrecife. The castle was renovated by César Manrique, (the islands favorite local... more travel advice
We had one night in this 5 * hotel. It was 60 euros pp for dinner, a suite, welcome bottle of chilled cava, breakfast,... more travel advice
- See All Which resort do I choose?
- See All Shopping in Arrecife
- See All How to chill out in a Spanish bar
- See All Ferry to Fuertuventura
- See All Camping
lomi's Related Pages
Isla de Lanzarote Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hola Amigos!"
- "Isla de Lanzarote"
- "The Colors of Lanzarote: piku's memory card"
- "Rachel suns Lanzarote page"
- "Isla de Lanzarote"
- "Lanzarote - all year sunshine (usually!)"
- "Lanzarote - a fiery island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Lanzarote
- Hotels in Isla de Lanzarote
- Transportation in Isla de Lanzarote
- Nightlife in Isla de Lanzarote
- Restaurants in Isla de Lanzarote
- Shopping in Isla de Lanzarote
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Lanzarote
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Lanzarote
- 145 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Lanzarote
- Posted in Travel Liverpool Forum "Which is the station I want if I..."
- Commented on one of lomi's Isla de Lanzarote tips
- updated a Isla de Lanzarote Travel Page "Hola Amigos!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go on dress up for Carnival in Feb, March"
- Wrote a Review International Musem of Modern Art (MIAC) in Isla de Lanzarote Things to Do
Photos in Isla de LanzaroteSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 145 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 56 reviews, 34 photos
- Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaumaris Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Arrecife Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Clun Intro, 17 reviews, 8 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- Oswestry Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos