"PINHAO" Pinhão by ncoutroulis
Pinhão Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 24 photos
Pinhao is located in the Douro Valley, which is where they grow the grapes to make the port wine. It is a beautful valley, through which the Rio Douro runs. There are port vineyards everywhere, where you can stop in for a taste of tour. It's a great way to spend the day. The roads are very trecherous, so you'll need to be extra careful.
The valley is so steep, that most of the vineyards are on the sides of the hills. As you drive through, you can see just how steep of an angle these grapes are on. It's unlike any other type of grape grown.
- Pros:Absolutely beautiful, and unique
- Cons:Be careful driving
- In a nutshell:Amazing!
While you're in the Douro Valley, you have to at least go to a vineyard, and taste the wine that this valley is so... more travel advice
ncoutroulis' Related Pages
Pinhão Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pinhão
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pinhão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinhão
Photos in PinhãoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 35 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Leros Island Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.