"ST. BERNADETTE, PLEASE PRAY FOR US!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lourdes by listenandlearn

Lourdes Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 283 photos

ST. BERNADETTE, PLEASE PRAY FOR US! AMEN.

Lourdes, France, Fatima, Portugal was always my dream place to visit during my youth. All of us 12 children were interns (or boarders in school from kindergarden on to college), being brought up by the nuns were spoke much of these religious places and it became my wish dream that one day I could visit them. Since I was married to a European, here in Barcelona, then it was more than a blessing as Lourdes, Fatima, Medjougori are but only two hours flight away from home. Fortunately, I had met people that needed tour guides to Lourdes and had offered them my time, service and love the fact that I can be in Lourdes more often. Have been to Lourdes so many times I then had establish friendship and connection with people from Lourdes that made me feel more welcome to be in a tiny lovely and very busy town. The past two years, I had spend few visits doing volunteer work. We did volunteer pushing the sick to the grotto, helping in the kitchen feed the sick and the reward of assisting them in moving around was almost like a prayer to my husband and myself. (will continue speaking of these after we down load more photos). thank you.

• Last visit to Lourdes: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2006

• May 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Thank you for your beautiful stories about Lourdes. I visited to Lourdes ten years ago, and it was a life changing experience. Could you please tell me how to go about doing volunteer work there? Where should we register; or can we just walk in on the day?

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Thank you for this excellent page about Lourdes. If possible, I'm going to take my mother there this year and your tips are really helpful.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Someday I would like to go on pilgrimage there.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I loved reading your stories. I would love to read more about your experiences with the grotto.

• maple_air's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Thank you for sharing your tips and pictures. I've never been to Lourdes, and I have been looking forward to the day that i could come to this place. Godbless!

• COMEONDOWN's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Beautiful pages you have! I had printed your whole page on Lourdes & all those touchy photos you have -as well as we are looking into following your good tips and experiences, the act of love and kindness of you. GOD BLESS YOU!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 4:19 AM

Visting Lourdes must be a great experience. Nice page!

listenandlearn Visits Here Frequently!

listenandlearn

“"OUR HAPPIEST MOMENTS AS TOURISTS ALWAYS SEEM TO COME WHEN WE STUMPLE UPON ONE THING WHILE IN PURSUIT OF SOMETHING ELSE"”

Badges & Stats in Lourdes

Have you been to Lourdes?