"Enticing England" Top 5 Page for this destination England by 807Wheaton

England Travel Guide: 65,265 reviews and 152,124 photos

Endless things to see and do

London is usually the destination for most of the tourists to England.
We have been blessed to have spent time in London and we have also traveled through the countryside.
Our first time in London was in 1989 and all my pictures were on slides. I had them put on CD's and have been disappointed with the quality of the pictures. Our second visit was in 1998.

The Salisbury Plain

The Salisbury area has so many things to see! Even though Stonehenge seems to be the most popular stone display, there are quite a few of these sprinkled around the countryside.

The Roman coast-to-coast defense "Hadrian's Wall"

In the Northumberland area of England there are places to inspect what is left of Hadrian's Wall.
We could not find one speck of stone or mortar that was loose.

• Pros:Historical places are easily accessible
  • Cons:It would take years and years to see it all
  • In a nutshell:A great place steeped in history
  • Last visit to England: Jul 1998
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2005

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Hi Marcia, Great photos of England! I lived in Windsor as a teenager.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Nice page of England. You have been all over. Bring back memories of Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath and London for me. Thanks for sharing. SL :)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 4:52 AM

Looks like you had a great time tripping around England. A great overview of both well- and lesser-known places to visit - some (Windsor, Eton, Marlow) my old stamping grounds, others (Chester, Cambridge, York) great favourites. Nicely done. leyle

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2006 at 10:04 AM

Nice trip you had in England. Been to some of these places but not all, so opportunity to get ideas for another visit. Thanks.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 1:01 AM

I really enjoyed your England Page.

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 2:54 PM

Great England page. I have been to many of these places so enjoyed seeing them through your eyes. But I haven't been to Belvoir Castle or St. John the Bapt. Church. And what fun to happen on a parade in York. Neat.

• Maxus's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Excellent Job Marcia, I really enjoyed looking around your England page.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Wonderful England page. I really enjoyed your photos, but I think I'll pass on the Roman Bath - methinks somebody forgot to change the bathwater!! Penny

• unexplored's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 10:25 AM

The sun may have set, but England's dusk is full of stars.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 9:31 AM

This page brought back fond memories of York Minster - enjoyed your war heroes story - good page steeped in history

807Wheaton

“Man plans but God prevails.”

Badges & Stats in England

Have you been to England?

Latest Activity in England