"Beautiful Ireland" Ireland by 807Wheaton

Ireland Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 35,466 photos

One of the Great Places to Visit!

Invariably a friend or family member will ask "What was your favorite place to visit?" I have to answer, hands down - Ireland.
The alps are awesome, the pyramids were powerful and Paris is perfect, but.........Ireland. Just the name rolls off the tongue nicely.
My great-great grandfather, Thomas Kidd immigrated to Canada from Ireland during the potato famine. Regretfully, I don't know from what county he immigrated. Maybe someone out there in VT-land knows about Irish immigrants to the London, Ontario area during the 1850's.
When we got home from our Ireland trip, we were asked "was it green?" and I must say, " it's as green as Georgia!"

• Pros:Friendly people and bucolic countryside
  • Cons:Too far away!
  • In a nutshell:A place everybody could love
  • Last visit to Ireland: Jul 1994
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2005

• bbusley's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Loved your photos and comments. This is so much better than the stack of guidebooks I've purchased!

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 12:20 PM

These are wonderful pictures in both film and words of the country areas of Ireland. It is a magical place and seems to move at a totally different pace from that of a city. And the green is something you don't believe until you see it.

• ladyanne's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:57 PM

I agree about what you said about Ireland. There is no place like it...and you can't explain it to someone unless they experience it themselves. No words can express what Ireland is all about.

807Wheaton

“Man plans but God prevails.”

Badges & Stats in Ireland

Have you been to Ireland?

Latest Activity in Ireland